Sign in to follow this  
ScottVA

Firefiox 17, Flash, Kasperksy issues

I have Firefox 17 just quit working with anything flash after I installed Kaspersky.

Flash Chat, Flash Audio - All dont work..

Before the typical answer "reinstall FF, flash, etc.." I have done this and this is a NEW PC out of the box with Kaspersky Added.

Any idea what is going on? I even turned off Kasperksy from securing web traffic.

Also, if you haven't done so already run the database update, let it complete to 100% and reboot your computer to apply the latest patch (d). This will install the patch for compatibility with the FF browser and Kaspersky plugins.

Try disabling antibanner and see if the missing flash elements are loaded.

Turning off web filtering isn't recommended as it won't block flash content unless it is known to be malicious. Even if it did, a warning message would be displayed telling you that it had been blocked.

Edited by antikythera

Also, if you haven't done so already run the database update, let it complete to 100% and reboot your computer to apply the latest patch (d). This will install the patch for compatibility with the FF browser and Kaspersky plugins.

Try disabling antibanner and see if the missing flash elements are loaded.

Turning off web filtering isn't recommended as it won't block flash content unless it is known to be malicious. Even if it did, a warning message would be displayed telling you that it had been blocked.

I uninstalled Firefox and still doesnt work!!!!

Also, along with antikythera's suggestions, can you tell us if you manually updated to Win8 as there may be a version problem with Flash Player and Win8? When I checked the Flash Player site (to verify the current versions) I noticed that your GSI report seems to lead one to think you may have installed version 11.5 when 11.3 is the version for Win8. {See attached} If you want to try the 11.3 version, you can download it from here .

post-8209-1355114487_thumb.png

No This is a new PC out of the box - a day old - and came with Win8

I went to a website and it said I needed Flash, and that is what came down, the latest version.

Right now I uninstalled Firefox, and reinstalled and as of now it is working. Kaspersky is currently not loaded.

no antivirus at the moment.

Also, along with antikythera's suggestions, can you tell us if you manually updated to Win8 as there may be a version problem with Flash Player and Win8? When I checked the Flash Player site (to verify the current versions) I noticed that your GSI report seems to lead one to think you may have installed version 11.5 when 11.3 is the version for Win8. {See attached} If you want to try the 11.3 version, you can download it from here .

post-8209-1355114487_thumb.png

Is there any reason FF wont work right but IE works fine? Crome as well..
I have had issues with FF and flash and non Kaspersky PC's every so often since firefox started the "new build every week" approach. I think with all the upgrades to new versions, that something just goes haywire and a clean re-install of firefox is necessary.

Also, your GSI was not too telling of any problems.

Thanks - I installed it again.. and seems this time it is working fine..

at least so far.. but Firefox did this earlier today for awhile..

I have had issues with FF and flash and non Kaspersky PC's every so often since firefox started the "new build every week" approach. I think with all the upgrades to new versions, that something just goes haywire and a clean re-install of firefox is necessary.

Also, your GSI was not too telling of any problems.

There do seem to be issues with Firefox 17 and Flash anyway. I have had issues with it on several machines, most of which are not running any Kaspersky products. Maybe better luck with 18?

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.