AOsborn

Unable to deploy

I have KAV 5.0.712 deployed on about 15 PCs. 1 of those will not fully install. I can see the correct PC in the network list, it shows the correct IP address. I deploy and it says to reboot, which I do.

The program then shows up on the workstation but when I look at the applications that are installed on the admin kit it shows nothing. I also can't sync.

I have the firewall off on the workstation too. The PC itself is configured just like the rest.

Are there any tests that can help?

Also in the admin kit it shows the Last info update time change every 5 minutes or so to 1 minute. So I know it is communicating somehow. Real-Time protection status is "Unknown" and Last Connect is blank. Last visible is about 10 minutes ago.

I think I know why it isn't responding to the admin kit. The agent on that workstation is pointing to the wrong server.

My office PC was the admin kit when I was demoing the software. Now we moved it to a real server and his didn't get updated. Although I uninstalled KAV and the agent and reinstalled and it still is pointing to my PC when I run klnagchk.exe. I searched the registry to edit it but I can't find any keys.

Where is the administration kit IP/Hostname set in order to edit it?

Where is the administration kit IP/Hostname set in order to edit it?

Just reinstall the agent and when you get to the admin server settings enter the proper server credentials...I had the same problem and thats how I resolved it..hope that helps

Just reinstall the agent and when you get to the admin server settings enter the proper server credentials...I had the same problem and thats how I resolved it..hope that helps

I don't recall being prompted for an admin server setting. Do you mean to manually install the agent from an MSI or use the admin kit, from the correct server, to install the agent. That is how I've been doing it so far.

I'll attempt to manually install the agent.

I don't recall being prompted for an admin server setting. Do you mean to manually install the agent from an MSI or use the admin kit, from the correct server, to install the agent. That is how I've been doing it so far.

I'll attempt to manually install the agent.

Do not forget to install a certificate from the administration server too.

Certificate is usually located at \\server\c$\Program Files\Kaspersky Labs\Administration kit 5.0\Cert

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.