Sign in to follow this  
jaksa

Host is out of control - urgent

What to do when server is "out of control" and cannont be synchronized.

Services "Kaspersky Network Agent" and "Kaspersky Anti-Virus Service" are running and startup type is automatic.

Kaspersky Administration Kit console says that applications (KAV for fileservers 5.0.77 and Network agent 5.0.1152) are inactive and cannot be started from Kit.

This is very disturbing, what are proper steps to solve this?

post-10390-1162803826.gif

Hi Jaksa,

please install netagent again and use the IP instead of name from your adminserver.

Helmut

Thaks for your suggestion Helmut, i have already done that.

No changes, "Cannot synchronize....blah"

search for "computername-1" in adminkit. If you find this server please move into the right group.

Helmut

There are no such servers.

This thing with "cannot synchronize..." makes me very angry.

I had the same problem With the Admin console saying host out of control and that the network agent and anti virus were inactive. I tried several ways to fix this and here is what worked for me:-

1) I uninstalled the network agent and anti virus locally using add remove programs, then installed them locally using \\anti-virus-server\anti-virus-share\packages...

2) I then went to the Kaspersky administration console then right-clicked the "Administration server localhost" and did find computer. I then searched for the computer name and removed the reference, then I searched on IP address and found 2 more references (servername-1 and servername-3) and deleted these.

3) I then selected add computer in the correct group, did a search to see if there were any other references and there wasn't.

I think step one was probably un nessesscary and step 2 would probably have resolved the problem.

SP

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.