Sign in to follow this  
B2B_Rick

MAC not detected on Kaspersky Security Center

Hello. We are running Kaspersky in a trial environment and I am learning the software, so I appreciate any input I am given :)

Recently, I installed the MAC version of Kaspersky Endpoint 8 on a MacBook, but it's not being detected by by the Security Center as having it installed or even connected to the network. Is this because it doesn't have the Network Agent installed yet or another possibility?

Thank you!

Hello. We are running Kaspersky in a trial environment and I am learning the software, so I appreciate any input I am given :)

Recently, I installed the MAC version of Kaspersky Endpoint 8 on a MacBook, but it's not being detected by by the Security Center as having it installed or even connected to the network. Is this because it doesn't have the Network Agent installed yet or another possibility?

Thank you!

Yes, you need the network agent installed in order for KSC9 to see the AV. I learned this the hard way, which is why I know. Network agent is basically the communicator that tells KSC9 everything about KES8, and tells KES8 everything that KSC9 wants it to know like for instance policies.

Yes, you need the network agent installed in order for KSC9 to see the AV. I learned this the hard way, which is why I know. Network agent is basically the communicator that tells KSC9 everything about KES8, and tells KES8 everything that KSC9 wants it to know like for instance policies.

Ah I see, I figured that had to be the problem but I just wanted to confirm it. Thank you much!

I forgot to mention that this was the issue that I had with my PC's, not MAC. I have no clue about the MAC as we only have PC's so it could possibly be something else but I would try the network agent install first.

I forgot to mention that this was the issue that I had with my PC's, not MAC. I have no clue about the MAC as we only have PC's so it could possibly be something else but I would try the network agent install first.

I would assume it would be the same reason...but I'll let you know after I'm test it out.

Im having a hard time with my test-mac getting detected by the server.

It's complaining about Network agent not being installed but it is installed and I've run the klnagchk which confirmed

that everything's fine. Any ideas?

Im running Kaspersky Workspace security 8.

please post here screenshots, where KSC shows that network agent is not installed on Mac machine. And also post output of klnagchk from Mac.

Thanks for your reply. Here's what I came up with.

klnagchk output:

Starting klnagchk utility

Checking command-line arguments...OK

Initializing basic libraries...OK

Current host is 'servername.local'

Network agent version is '9.0.1.108'

Reading settings...OK

Checking settings...OK

Administration Agent settings:

Server address: 'hidden ip address'

Use SSL: 1

Compress traffic: 1

Server SSL ports: '13000'

Server ports: '14000'

Use proxy: 0

Certificate: present

Open UDP port: 1

UDP ports: '15000'

Ping period, minutes: 15

Conn timeout, s: 30

RW timeout, s: 180

HostId: hidden

Connecting to server...OK

Connecting to the Administration Agent...OK

Administration Agent is running

Acquire Administration Agent statistics...OK

Administration Agent statistics:

Ping count: 9

Succ. pings: 9

Sync count: 1

Succ. syncs: 1

Last ping:02.08.2012 13:02:20 GMT (02.08.2012 15:02:20)

post-425316-1343913203_thumb.png

post-425316-1343913272_thumb.png

it seems like plug-in for KES for Mac on KSC is not installed or obsolete. Please check version of plug-in and tell me it

Okay, the version for wksmac is 8.0.7.906 and KES seems to be 8.1.0.646.

Thank you for your help so far.

Okay, here's an update.

I have three different packages that I've tried with.

One of the packages can't be altered with due to that it lacks the Application management plugin so I downloaded the correct version

from this link: http://support2.kaspersky.com/7511 but it does'nt help.

I have two other packages which works with the plugin but when I try to deploy to 3 different machines (one snow leopard, one mountain lion and one lion)

it states that none of these has the network agent. I know that Mountain Lion is not supported so you can scratch that but

the computer Im sitting on running Lion has the network agent installed and gives the output above when running klnagchk.

Can somebody guide me to a solution?

Thanks in advance!

check this out please http://support2.kaspersky.com/7974

if it doesn't help, then post a ticket to our support team - it seems to be a bug.

and, Mountain Lion is supported :)

Thank you for your response, I've tried with the steps provided in that kbase article which didnt work so Im contacting the Kaspersky

support. Thanks again.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.