I Noticed discussions on board about License questions - although mine appears slightly different.

I Renewed & upgraded from KIS 2010 (saving only activation data), to KIS 2012 on 6/16/2012.

That current license expires on 6/28/12. It all went fine.

In Manage License section of KIS 2012, I noticed that it still gives my expiration date as 6/28/12 for active license.

but it says I have now 355 days remaining,
However,
my expiration date shows 6/28/12.

At the bottom of this window is an informational text saying a new activation code was added on my computer. After the active license expires, the application will be automatically activated with the new activation code. There will be no disruption of security.

And there is a button that says Activate Now.

If I'm understanding this correctly - the license should go automatically to the reserve, correct?

What confuses me is the Activate Now button below that informational text.

I'm assuming on 6/29/12, the reserve will automatically become the current license without me doing anything -- but now I'm not sure if I'm supposed to click that Activate Now button.

Thanks,

Arrow

If I'm understanding this correctly - the license should go automatically to the reserve, correct?

What confuses me is the Activate Now button below that informational text.

It should but if for some reason it does not, then you can use the activate now option.

Please see posts #8 & #10 here: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=&am...t&p=1805348

The remaining days showing when reserve code is entered is somewhat misleading but it all worked out when the reserve finally took over. :)

Ok thanks all.

What threw me was that it shows expiration date of 6/28/12 with 355 days remaining. It should automatically go to the reserve license on 6/29 I hope, with the new expiration date in 2013, and all will be fine, but on the surface it just looks odd.

I've been reading the threads on how people worked their situations, just waiting to see.

So far though, really liking KIS 2012, and much more friendlier/easier interface to home user than previous versions, in my opinion. Online manual as well. I appreciate that part quite a bit. I'm still on the fence about the non-animated K on tray, but at least know that I can enable that feature if I wanted to or just look at the reports to see what is happening if it truly bothers me that I don't see it anymore.

Thanks again for all the great help & info here.

Today 6/28 main front panel console in KIS says License: Expires Today

Click on Manage license area & it says remaining days 353, expiration date 6/28/12

Just looks weird. But... should kick over tomorrow to reserve hopefully.

Arrow

6/29 a.m. - new reserve license seamlessly took over!

It did not automatically activate, however, after turning on computer, since the internet was off,

it gave me a message to that effect, & message asked if I wanted to activate with the new license.

All fine, worked as it was intended to. Just was a bit fuzzy without both licenses showing in the manage license window.

Thanks again -- Glad the discussion board is here!

Arrow

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.