Sign in to follow this  
darius2011

Separating Updates

Hello all!

I am updated KIS till 27/5/2012 with Kaspersky Updater offline.and now I want to update it offline again.

I tried to use Kaspersky Updater.I was download updates till 27/5/2012 with KU too.So I checked "create a differentiated updated folder".

But after Downloading,I couldn"t update KIS with "diffs" folder.

What should I do to separate the updates from 27/5/2012 till now from all updates to reduce the size?I mean how can I separate the new updates from the old ones?

Thank you

The option "Create a differentiated updates folder" is useful if you want to create a mirror of KL update servers and you have computers in your network that will update from this mirror. In this case enabling this option can help to reduce the traffic in your network.

However, you cannot update KIS from "diffs" folder. This folder does not contain all files necessary to update KIS. You need to point KIS to the folder where "bases", "index" and optionally "diffs" subfolders are located.

The option "Create a differentiated updates folder" is useful if you want to create a mirror of KL update servers and you have computers in your network that will update from this mirror. In this case enabling this option can help to reduce the traffic in your network.

However, you cannot update KIS from "diffs" folder. This folder does not contain all files necessary to update KIS. You need to point KIS to the folder where "bases", "index" and optionally "diffs" subfolders are located.

Thanks.But I want to make a usful separated new updates.for example a 10 MB folder to update KIS just from that folder.not all 330 MB!Is it possible?

I don't know a good way to archive this and would just use the full folder to update KIS.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.