gparry

Outlook 2010 with google apps fails to send email

after upgrading to 8.1.831 we have had to disable the outlook plugin as it blocks all outbound and incoming email... As soon as one sends one email kaspersky blocks everything... The application works but no email arrives or leaves... THis is using outlook 2010 and the google apps plugin... It was working fine with the 8.1 .461 version... please let us know when will be patched as this is not a very safe way to be using email...

Same error encountering to me.

In my case, I have disabled "Email protection", but error keeps happeing in MS Outlook 2007.

No error showing after upgrade.

All outgoing emails are showing in both "Send" and "Outbox", but never received in other end.

after upgrading to 8.1.831 we have had to disable the outlook plugin as it blocks all outbound and incoming email... As soon as one sends one email kaspersky blocks everything... The application works but no email arrives or leaves... THis is using outlook 2010 and the google apps plugin... It was working fine with the 8.1 .461 version... please let us know when will be patched as this is not a very safe way to be using email...
Edited by LCGUY

Having same problem with latest version of Endpoint Secuirty, had to downgrade to get Google Apps Sync to work.

Any updates as to getting this problem resolved?

Thanks

John

Figured this out. :rolleyes:

You can disable "Email protection" in Kaspersky Security Center but "Kaspersky Outlook Anti-Virus Addin" is stile enable in Outlook.

To fix this issue I disabled "Kaspersky Outlook Anti-Virus Addin" in Outlook ( File -->options --> add-ins --> manage com add-ins and Kaspersky Outlook Anti-Virus Addin disable. )

Registry Fix :

Kaspersky Outlook Anti-Virus Addin off

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\OutlookKLAvPlg

.Addin]

"LoadBehavior"=dword:00000002

Kaspersky Outlook Anti-Virus Addin on

.Addin]

"LoadBehavior"=dword:00000003

Hope that this info can help ;)

Thor-Bjorn

Having same problem with latest version of Endpoint Secuirty, had to downgrade to get Google Apps Sync to work.

Any updates as to getting this problem resolved?

Thanks

John

Is there any update on this issue?

We have had to put a stop on a 500 machine rollout of KES because of this problem.

All users are on Google Apps & manually disabling the Outlook add-in is not going to fly as a fix.

Kaspersky have promised a fix but I don't see any sign of one being released.

How about it Kaspersky, what is happening?

Is there any update on this issue?

We have had to put a stop on a 500 machine rollout of KES because of this problem.

All users are on Google Apps & manually disabling the Outlook add-in is not going to fly as a fix.

Kaspersky have promised a fix but I don't see any sign of one being released.

How about it Kaspersky, what is happening?

We're having this issue too. Upgraded a bunch of users from KES 8.1.0.646 to 831 and those that use Outlook w/Google apps sync were not getting messages in or out, other then immediately upon outlook loading.

Applying the reg fix above seems to solve the issue.

Annoyingly, we don't even use the email protection feature.

Kaspersky fix this! I'm not doing reg fixes on 500 clients, or trying to tell the overseas staff how to run one.

Hello, everyone!

Can you please tell me iis this problem with google apps & KES exists on KES TR (646) or not?

And what build of Google Apps do you use?

Thanks in advance.

I had the same problem, the support gave me a new dll for mcou.dll.

It's a temporary patch, it will be official in october

You can disable "Email protection" in Kaspersky Security Center but "Kaspersky Outlook Anti-Virus Addin" is stile enable in Outlook.

To fix this issue I disabled "Kaspersky Outlook Anti-Virus Addin" in Outlook ( File -->options --> add-ins --> manage com add-ins and Kaspersky Outlook Anti-Virus Addin disable. )

Registry Fix :

.Addin]

.Addin]

Thor-Bjorn

If you are running a 64 bit version of Windows with a 32 bit version of Outlook then you must also change this key (taken from Windows 7).

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\OutlookKLAvPlg.Addin]

Registry Fix :

.Addin]

.Addin]

Thor-Bjorn

The steps you describe did not resolve the issue for me. Regardless, it would mean not having any email protection which is unacceptable.

Hello, everyone!

Can you please tell me iis this problem with google apps & KES exists on KES TR (646) or not?

And what build of Google Apps do you use?

Thanks in advance.

Can you please explain what KES TR (646) means and I would be happy to give it a try.

I had the same problem, the support gave me a new dll for mcou.dll.

It's a temporary patch, it will be official in october

I have yet to receive any meaningful support on this from my open case with Kaspersky. It's nearing the end of October now. Where can I get this dll and how can I use/deploy it? This is absolutely killing my bosses' faith in Kaspersky.

The steps you describe did not resolve the issue for me. Regardless, it would mean not having any email protection which is unacceptable.

Can you please explain what KES TR (646) means and I would be happy to give it a try.

I have yet to receive any meaningful support on this from my open case with Kaspersky. It's nearing the end of October now. Where can I get this dll and how can I use/deploy it? This is absolutely killing my bosses' faith in Kaspersky.

I just got off the phone with support and there is supposed to be a patch. They are sending it to me. I haven't gotten it yet but will update you if it works.

I just got off the phone with support and there is supposed to be a patch. They are sending it to me. I haven't gotten it yet but will update you if it works.

Please do! And if you have a support case number that you could provide me so that I could have them reference it in helping me, that would be fantastic, as well.

Hi,

Any update, patch or bug fix on this issue?

or at least any reply from Kaspersky????

Edited by Omar Almani

Hi,

Any update, patch or bug fix on this issue?

or at least any reply from Kaspersky????

Yes, please. A response with some concrete information is really needed.

So, I'm still not getting any meaningful response regarding this from support. Can anyone here explain how to get the previous version of KES 8 (8.1.0.646) so that I can test it out? I'm only finding a link to download that version in Polish on Kaspersky's site and I need English.

Ok, after two weeks of back and forth with email support and a couple failed attempts with phone support, I've finally gotten hold of someone via phone support that immediately knew of this problem and set me up with the elusive patch.

For anyone that comes across this post who has yet to fix the problem, you need to call phone support and ask them for "patch pf15".

Can ANYONE post a link to download the patch? I've emailed support, but no reply and the support website seems to be down as they move it around!

Thanks

Chris

You really do need to call. Email support will get you nowhere. The reason I can't link you to the download is because they set up a unique user/pass with their FTP server for each support case.

You really do need to call. Email support will get you nowhere. The reason I can't link you to the download is because they set up a unique user/pass with their FTP server for each support case.

That's OK, email is on it's way to business.support@kasperskylab.co.uk

Ok, after two weeks of back and forth with email support and a couple failed attempts with phone support, I've finally gotten hold of someone via phone support that immediately knew of this problem and set me up with the elusive patch.

For anyone that comes across this post who has yet to fix the problem, you need to call phone support and ask them for "patch pf15".

Friend, you have this patch available for download? I need ... I'm with version 8.1.831 with the same problem with google sync app :dash1:

I just got off the phone with Kaspersky Support. They did not know what PF15 is. I was told that it is a known issue and they are working on a fix but don't have a release date and they will be notifying clients when and how to download it. We shall see.

My workaround it to disable the Antivirus and Antispam Add Ins as directed by Google Support. .

Click File, Options.

In the new menu at the left, choose Add-Ins.

Choose the last option Go... in Manage COM add-ins bellow.

Disable any Antivirus-related add-ins. For example: Kaspersky Anti-Virus, Kaspersky Anti-Spam.

Restart Outlook.

Also works in 2007 but you access it through Tools-Trust Center-Add Ins

This is terrible. I too have had to hold back on rolling out KIS 2013 for my clients, most of which now use Google Sync for Outlook Add-On. However I am just setting up the first Windows 8 machine and it is telling me that KIS 2012 is not compatible with the OS. So I am now stuck, I have to move away from Kaspersky after 6 years of supporting them on over 70 machines.

Very poor form since this thread began nearly 12 months ago, I don't have time to mess with work arounds that lower protection for my clients or drudge through phone support for a patch that may or may not exist.

Time to find another anti-virus and I wish I didn't have to because I really like Kaspersky. :angry: .

Hi, collegues!

We started to analyse this issue. We will communicate to you by private email to collect needed information.

Thank you.

Hi, collegues!

We started to analyse this issue. We will communicate to you by private email to collect needed information.

Thank you.

Hi Dmitry,

I am having the same problem with a client. I've recently installed Kasperski Internet Security 2013 on his machine.

He has Outlook 2007 and latest version of GASMO. Could you please let me know when the patch is out or what ever solution you find?

Thanks!

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.