Hello,

I get this error message in a popup box twice an hour, along with a Kaspersky PDM DNS query warning (I tried to resolve this warning in this thread - http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showt...p;#entry1586728 , but it was never resolved).

I believe this new error (the RUNDLL/ basegui error) occurred around the time I downloaded dvdvideosoft's youtube to mp3 converter a few days ago, but that could be a coincidence.

Also, I was unable to run a system restore.

Anyway, here is a link to the get system info report:

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...e3e8c90acb34ece

Let me know if any more info is needed.

Thanks!!!!

Fred

Hello

You have nearly no free disk space left on your "C" drive ...

Hello

You have nearly no free disk space left on your "C" drive ...

When I click on "My Computer", I see 2.64GB free. Is that not enough?

Is that not enough?
No, not when you have 74.5 GB capacity HD. Free up enough space to equal 15% free. :)

No, not when you have 74.5 GB capacity HD. Free up enough space to equal 15% free. :)

Okay, I now have 11.5 GB free. I restarted my computer after freeing up the space (why not?), but I'm still getting the same error message.

What should I do next?

Thanks again!!

Fred

Please clear the contents of your Temp folder, instructions: http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279128

1. Make sure you have your Activation Code handy.

2. If you can, disable Kaspersky self defense, located in the Settings. If you can't, skip this step.

3. If you can, right click the red K icon and Exit. If you can't, skip this step.

4. If you can, uninstall Kaspersky normally > reboot. If you can't, skip this step.

5. Run the removal tool in Safe mode (tap F-8 key when booting up to get to Safe mode) http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279463 Select what specific product is shown.

When the tool completes, don't reboot. Instead, run the removal tool again. Select All known products this time, if a specific product is not shown. Reboot after running the tool for the final time.

6. Re install Kaspersky > reboot > do a databases update > reboot.

If still no go , please run the GetSystemInfo utility again, to create a new gsi report, and then please post the link to the new gsi report, and also contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

Final word concerning the error with basegui.ppl

Questions about the basegui.ppl error have been appearing on this forum from time to time.

Some KIS/KAV/Pure users have received the following error message:

"There was a problem starting basegui.ppl

The specified procedure could not be found"

Just to make the matter clear once and for all:

This is a very uncommon case, related to our product's running on certain operating systems. The error occurs at the moment the user is clicking a link (e.g. Support or Help) in the main frame of the product.

The error does not affect any of the product functions.

It will be corrected in KIS/KAV/Pure 2013.

There is no uniform method of dealing with it. Each case is specific. In 99.9% of cases it was an OS-specific feature not affecting the performance of our product. Alternately there was an absolutely tiny number of cases when it was a malware.

Summing it all up,

Feel free to try to find out what your case is by writing to the Technical support service. There is no way to diagnose your exact case on this forum.

Thanks for that direction Andrey. I followed it and have had tech support tier-3 resolve the problem with basegui.ppl.

Advised to uninstall "DVDVideoSoft Free Studio" and all "Freemake..." apps and the basegui problem is cleared.

Wanted to be sure to post that here since I had been unable to find a solution here prior to this.

Questions about the basegui.ppl error have been appearing on this forum from time to time.

This is a very uncommon case, related to our product's running on certain operating systems. The error occurs at the moment the user is clicking a link (e.g. Support or Help) in the main frame of the product.

There is no uniform method of dealing with it. Each case is specific. In 99.9% of cases it was an OS-specific feature not affecting the performance of our product. Alternately there was an absolutely tiny number of cases when it was a malware.

Summing it all up,

Feel free to try to find out what your case is by writing to the Technical support service. There is no way to diagnose your exact case on this forum.

Hello everybody,

Original poster here...

I uninstalled/reinstalled .NET Framework, and that did the trick!!

No more basegui error.

Same issue on Dutch Forum Section didn't resolve the problem with this procedure.

Edited by Berny

Also,

DVD software has been named on multiple occasions as being a variable with this issue.

However, the main reason I am posting here now is to see that the post quoted below does not get buried.

Summing it all up,

Please see: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=&am...t&p=1858040

Hello everybody,

Original poster here...

No more basegui error.

Thanks a lot, it actually worked :beer:

Also, please see: http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208286550

Summing it all up,

Hello

When i Click Support window of kaspersky application it's shown error message :--

"There was a problem starting basegui.ppl The specified procedue could not be found."

Please see the attachment..

Thanks & Regards,

Sachin Gidde

Uninstalling and reinstalling the .NET framework is hit and miss in these circumstances. There is a missing run time within the KIS2012 framework for X64 machines. It is rare but possible for the same error to occur within 32bit machines.

If you are running multiple security solutions on your PC, this can also cause some instability as other on-access scanners may stop this run time from being loaded. These errors should be repaired within the 2013 version of KIS/KAV/PURE.

//Edit: added important link: http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208286550

Edited by richbuff

Summing it all up,

The matter is NOT clear. Due to the fact that the following error message "There was a problem starting basegui.ppl

needs to be closed to allow any more software to be run, like any auto start software, and so the Computer needs to have someone there to close it which is not good. Why is a patch not given? Why should i delete any other software because the KIS software code is not correct? :aa:

Edited by Don Pelotas
Fixed quote completely messed up and removed unnecessarily large fonts

Seems very clear to me:

1. Going to be fixed in version 2013. (a free update)

2. The error does not affect any of the product functions.

3. It has afflicted a very small amount of users and since there is no uniform method of dealing with it there would simply have to be spent a large amount of developer resources rewriting code fixing something that is already included in version 2013.

4. Summing it all up: Feel free to try to find out what your case is by writing to the Technical support service. There is no way to diagnose your exact case on this forum.

Hallo I have that problem too, evry time kaspersy find a problem a message that say "error loading basegui.ppl" appears. I don't have Free studio 5.5 installed, but I have installed visual studio and the net framework.

Have I got to unistall the visual studio and net framework and then reinstall them? (I need that software)

Does kaspersky work fine also if the message appears?

Same problem here. I have tried to uninstall /reinstall MS Net Framework and it hasn't worked

I have logged a support request as per advice on this form with Kaspersky ANZ Support

New incident registered:INC000000587654 There was a problem starting Basgui.ppl

Same problem here. I have tried to uninstall /reinstall MS Net Framework and it hasn't worked

I have logged a support request as per advice on this form with Kaspersky ANZ Support

New incident registered:INC000000587654 There was a problem starting Basgui.ppl

Not resolved

This problem still exists in KIS 2013 13.0.14190

Specific notebook had KIS 2012 installed, never had this problem.

After removal of KIS 2012 and installation of KIS 2013 problem started happening.

Please can someone advise.....

-- EDIT --

Sorry needed to be a bit more specific.

Free Studio Version 5.5.0 IS installed on the clients machine.

Should KIS 2012 resolve the problem with Free Studio Version 5.5.0 ??

Thanks

Edited by cito

Interesting, because this issue has not been reported with version 2013. Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

-- EDIT --

Try with Free Studio uninstalled.

Edited by richbuff

Interesting, because this issue has not been reported with version 2013. Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

-- EDIT --

Try with Free Studio uninstalled.

Hi, its a clients computer so I am just going to uninstall the old version and put the new one.

Do you still want a GSI report before I remove the old version?

Thanks

You're welcome. No GSI is needed if the issue is resolved with the New version, or if the issue is resolved with Free Studio uninstalled.

i also had this problem, and uninstalling DVDVideoSoft Free YouTube to MP3 Converter fixed it.

thanks for this topic, and thanks to the live chat rep who pointed me here :) :bravo:

Edited by Fredneck

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.