Kariput

License invalid....Kaspersky Pure 2.0 Problems, license issues

I also have had this problem. I feel customer support has been of no help on the phone and through email. They told me to delete the license and then reactivate using my original activation code. That would work for maybe 30 minutes. Finally it seemed to have resolved itself. Hadn't had the error of the license being invalid come up for a few days, but just a few minutes ago the problem as popped up again. This is making me want to use a different company for protection on my computer.

As the originator of this thread, the problem plagued me. It would occur as quickly as a few hours or as long as three or four weeks. I did give up on ImPure 2 and switched back to Pure 1 or whatever the previous incarnation is named. That version has been rock solid for the past 3 weeks.

Edited by Kariput

Last night I received an email from tech support telling me to restart the application.... Like I hadn't already tried that and knows it only solves the problem for 30 minute tops... Does anyone have a clue on when a more permanent solution is coming?

Last night I received an email from tech support telling me to restart the application.... Like I hadn't already tried that and knows it only solves the problem for 30 minute tops... Does anyone have a clue on when a more permanent solution is coming?

Starting off by reading the thread one considers posting in is always a good way to get up to speed with developments.................read Petr Filippov's post. ;)

We know the problem. It should be fixed in next patch © in the beginning of June.

We're almost at the end of the first week of June, any ideas when this is coming?

Starting off by reading the thread one considers posting in is always a good way to get up to speed with developments.................read Petr Filippov's post. ;)

I had read the entire thread before I made my first post and checked it again before making my second post. As for Petr's post, it says beginning of June. What to them counts as the end of the beginning of June?

I had read the entire thread before I made my first post and checked it again before making my second post. As for Petr's post, it says beginning of June. What to them counts as the end of the beginning of June?

That would be somewhere from the 1th of june and on wards to mid june....it's not an exact science to develop software and most of the time it will take slightly longer than first anticipated. For that reason would not be surprised at all if it takes longer (1-2 weeks) than what you the customer view as "beginning of june". Soon is often also used and there are many views on what constitutes as soon. It's also why most developers hate to give out dates.

Maybe Petr will shed some light, but probably only when given a clear date from the developers.

I'm having the same issues as you guys...

It would sure be nice if they would refund us the days of our license since this flaky release of "security" was offered to us to use.

Sorry, my Russian isn't as good as it used to be...
Looks like one week for the fix to occur via automatic update databases.

When it happens, there will be conspicuous posting about it in this topic thread. When this occurs, reboot the PC for the update to be effective. If you do automatic databases updates for PURE, and reboot the PC daily, in about one week all should be good.

I have to admit, there hasn't been a program I have tried installing that has aggravated me half as much as this.

So, I decided I needed to have good protection for my computer, so I tossed the 90 dollars for this. I uninstalled all my antivirus/spyware programs, rebooted, installed, put in my activation key, and then the problems rolled in.

Mid-scan it told me there were open access points to my computer, and it asked me if I wanted to close. I hit no, and then Kaspersky disabled the computer protection.

I clicked on the red "Fix" button, and it demands I enter my activation code, again.

After doing this, the box still stays red and a little pop up appears "Reinstall required". So I uninstall, reinstall, and had to delete the folder it failed to removed from program files, and go through the whole thing again.

Then it pulls this again. Disables itself, wants the code again, and does nothing with it.

Hands down aggravating. Can anyone help me, before I try my hardest to refund this thing?

post-418289-1339388543_thumb.png

Welcome. If the issue is not easily resolvable by check system date/time is correct > exit via right click red K tray icon > reboot > update databases > reboot, then please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

There is a fix that is anticipated for this/similar issue, that will be made available via the auto updater.

Patch C for PURE 2.0 was released today to fix License issues. Please do a databases update > reboot. :)

-----------------

Sorry about the double post. I know it looks hideous. I try not to make a habit of it. Please forgive me, if possible.

Patch C for PURE 2.0 was released today to fix License issues. Please do a databases update > reboot. :)

Thanks for the update! Fingers crossed that this mess is finally over with.

-----------------

Sorry about the double post. I know it looks hideous. I try not to make a habit of it. Please forgive me, if possible.

I have done the databases update and rebooted Kaspersky as well as my laptop and guess what?! Didn't fix it. License issue popped right back up with in 30 minutes of doing this today. Does anyone have a solution or idea to try and make this work? I only seem to get generic responses or responses that have nothing to do with the problem from Technical Support

post-417394-1339697193_thumb.jpg

Edited by Whizard

I have done the databases update and rebooted Kaspersky as well as my laptop and guess what?! Didn't fix it. License issue popped right back up with in 30 minutes of doing this today. Does anyone have a solution or idea to try and make this work? I only seem to get generic responses or responses that have nothing to do with the problem from Technical Support

If you do the steps in the screenshot, what version is showing? Are you showing the a.b.c?

post-135305-1339698845_thumb.png

i am so happy to see my big "K" on the bottom of my screen with no exclamation marks or whatever!! thanx for your efforts Kaspersky team--this is why i have stayed and what i expect and i appreciate your efforts--i must admit i was abit disturbed with any glitch from your product because frankly your product has NEVER given me a problem in the past, but now all is well again--

my sincere appreciation, m--

If you do the steps in the screenshot, what version is showing? Are you showing the a.b.c?

post-135305-1339698845_thumb.png

It shows that I have application version 12.0.1.288(a.b.c)

It shows that I have application version 12.0.1.288(a.b.c)

If I were you, I would try a complete clean re-install, then if still no go, I would contact support.

Make sure your date and time are correct on your PC then do the following:

Make sure you have your Activation Code handy first, then (if applicable) right click the K icon and select Exit, then uninstall Kaspersky> reboot, then run the removal tool:

http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279463

Download and extract it to your C:\ drive (so its located in c:\kavremover). Scroll down in the linked instructions and select All Known Products. Reboot after tool use.

Then download a fresh distributive of the installer from links contained here: http://www.kaspersky.com/productupdates

You will need your Activation Code after install > reboot.

Update again > Reboot. If no go, then please contact support.

If I were you, I would try a complete clean re-install, then if still no go, I would contact support.

Make sure your date and time are correct on your PC then do the following:

Make sure you have your Activation Code handy first, then (if applicable) right click the K icon and select Exit, then uninstall Kaspersky> reboot, then run the removal tool:

http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279463

Download and extract it to your C:\ drive (so its located in c:\kavremover). Scroll down in the linked instructions and select All Known Products. Reboot after tool use.

Then download a fresh distributive of the installer from links contained here: http://www.kaspersky.com/productupdates

You will need your Activation Code after install > reboot.

Update again > Reboot. If no go, then please contact support.

Well it's been almost 24 hours and knock on wood, NO MORE PROBLEM!!!! Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it.

The problem hasn't gone. This morning my Kpure 2.0 is coming up with the error. Although exiting it and relaunching fix the problem momentarily, I can't keep doing this every 50 minutes...

Could please someone help me?

Welcome. The post immediately previous to yours was made before the summer solstice, and now the autumnal equinox is upon us; so it does not look like a widespread issue.

Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

Hi All

I have had the same issue over the last few weeks. The only way I have been able to resolve it for a while (between one and 2 days) is to close the application down and restart it.

I thought it might of been a Pure 2 problem, so I upgraded to the latest Pure 3 last night (Aus time), but this morning it went wrong again.

Very concerning!!

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.