thewild

Security Center : How to force client refresh? [Solved][INC000005244299]

But the server don't know...until rescan the subnet. :P

There is only ONE software on the whole network which doesn't know, and it's KSC9 !!! :rolleyes:

I don't think this could happen.

We have DHCP configured for automatic DNS updates, and whenever a new IP address is attributed to a computer its DNS records are also updated.

I never had problems of ghost records in the DNS server

I still suggest to check if you have DNS stale records and DNS scavenging on...

Maybe I was missing this second step indeed ! Will try that now.

Still, the problem with that is that I have to wait for a network rescan. I can trigger it manually, but it still takes some time. That's a shame since I know (and the system knows) the right IP address for this computer...

You should try Active Directory scan maybe, IP/DNS discovery isn't that reliable.

I still suggest to check if you have DNS stale records and DNS scavenging on...

You should try Active Directory scan maybe, IP/DNS discovery isn't that reliable.

I can confirm that scavenging is on, I just checked.

I always use Active Directory scanning in fact, the other ones just don't work.

After some more tries, I think that manually installing the network agent is the way to go.

IMHO, centralized deployment is not working well in KSC9 (same as in previous versions actually, it never worked well)

Hello,

I had the same issue when dealing with reinstalled computers. The solution was to, not only delete the computers with obsolete IP addresses from the Managed computers containers and Unassigned computers - IP subnets container, but also delete it from the Unasigned computers - Active Directory container.

Once the problematic hostname is removed from those containers, freshly initiated IP subnets - Discover Computers will have no trouble finding the computers.

Cheers,

Nikola

Hello,

I had the same issue when dealing with reinstalled computers. The solution was to, not only delete the computers with obsolete IP addresses from the Managed computers containers and Unassigned computers - IP subnets container, but also delete it from the Unasigned computers - Active Directory container.

Once the problematic hostname is removed from those containers, freshly initiated IP subnets - Discover Computers will have no trouble finding the computers.

Cheers,

Nikola

Hello!

Please kindly inform us which version of the products are you using?

Thank You!

I know this is an old thread, but I found some info that might help people in the future when searching Google for an answer. (This thread always came up near the top of my searches)

My issue involved a workstation that was renamed. The newly named computer did show up as a new computer, but the OLD name kept magically appearing in the "Unassigned Devices" section of Security Center, even though there was no computer with that name anymore! The old name was not listed in our active directory. The old name was not listed anywhere in our DNS server. I would delete it when it showed up, but it kept coming back the next day!

-Delete workstation from the managed group

-right-click on the administration server object in the left pane, and select "search". Search for the workstation. (deleting from the group moves the computer to the "unassigned" objects). When the machine appears in the results window, delete it from there.

-Repeat the search, leaving off the last character of the workstation name, and replacing it with a "*". (this will find any potential duplicate objects, which will have a "~" and a series of numbers appended to the name.

-Repeat the search and delete until there are no results.

-From the admin server's command prompt, type "ipconfig /flushdns", and hit Enter.

The KEY to resolving my issue was flushing the DNS on the server that hosts Security Center. Hope this helps people with the same issue in the future.

Well, I was wrong. Two OLD computers that are no longer on the network are showing up as discovered computers again. I've deleted them two days in a row, but they show up the very next day. From what I've found on the net, this is something that can't be fixed in KSC. I guess I'll just let the old computers sit in the "Unassigned devices" section.

I know this is an old thread, but I found some info that might help people in the future when searching Google for an answer. (This thread always came up near the top of my searches)

My issue involved a workstation that was renamed. The newly named computer did show up as a new computer, but the OLD name kept magically appearing in the "Unassigned Devices" section of Security Center, even though there was no computer with that name anymore! The old name was not listed in our active directory. The old name was not listed anywhere in our DNS server. I would delete it when it showed up, but it kept coming back the next day!

-Delete workstation from the managed group

-right-click on the administration server object in the left pane, and select "search". Search for the workstation. (deleting from the group moves the computer to the "unassigned" objects). When the machine appears in the results window, delete it from there.

-Repeat the search, leaving off the last character of the workstation name, and replacing it with a "*". (this will find any potential duplicate objects, which will have a "~" and a series of numbers appended to the name.

-Repeat the search and delete until there are no results.

-From the admin server's command prompt, type "ipconfig /flushdns", and hit Enter.

The KEY to resolving my issue was flushing the DNS on the server that hosts Security Center. Hope this helps people with the same issue in the future.

Well, I was wrong. Two OLD computers that are no longer on the network are showing up as discovered computers again. I've deleted them two days in a row, but they show up the very next day. From what I've found on the net, this is something that can't be fixed in KSC. I guess I'll just let the old computers sit in the "Unassigned devices" section.

Hi,

Could you please clarify did you move the machine to Unassigned devices first before deletion?

Thank You!

Hi,

Could you please clarify did you move the machine to Unassigned devices first before deletion?

Thank You!

Yes, I removed the computers from the group they were in, then followed the instructions I listed earlier in this thread. One of the computers hasn't been connected to the network in over two weeks, and the other one that keeps showing up is actually a computers OLD name. That computer is listed in KSC with it's new name and everything is working fine with it. Can't figure out why it would be listing the OLD name since it sees the NEW name also.

post-571853-1445611759_thumb.jpg

post-571853-1445611781_thumb.jpg

post-571853-1445611759_thumb.jpg

post-571853-1445611781_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Could you please clarify do you have any records in AD related to that PC with old name?

Thank you!

To make things a little easier, I've decided to just deal with the machine labeled "faclitator-01" for now. The machine named "shop" can stay, because it still exists and we might use it again in the future. faclitator-01 does NOT even exist anymore though.

To answer your question... this morning, I went through every folder in AD and made sure that no rogue entries for that computer remained. I also did a search in AD for fac*, and nothing came up.

Please create a request to KL support.

Please tell us the number of that request.

Thank you!

INC000005243791

INC000005243791

Disregard that number. I created that support request in the wrong section. I'll list the new number as soon as I get it.

Please create a request to KL support.

Please tell us the number of that request.

Thank you!

Here's the new number...

INC000005244299

It appears the issue is resolved now. Support was able to fix it by deleting CS Admin Kit.msc located at С:\Users\<user_account>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\MMC\

Here's a support link about this file...

http://support.kaspersky.com/7920

Thank you for your feedback!

Please let us know if you have other questions.

Thank you for your feedback!

Please let us know if you have other questions.

Hello.-

I understand this is an all post. I would like to know if this solution apply to KSC version: 10.2.434 ?.

Thanks.

Hello.-

I understand this is an all post. I would like to know if this solution apply to KSC version: 10.2.434 ?.

Thanks.

Hello,

yes.

Thank you.

Hello,

yes.

Thank you.

Hello again.

This has been around for a log time and this procedure did not fix the multiple names of those PC´s that were renamed. Is there something we are missing to fix this behavior ?.

Thanks in advance.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.