IanGarvie

Workstations dropping out of Managed computers folder

Morning all,

Every Monday morning, since we upgraded to endpoint security and the latest security centre I have come into the office to find that most, but not all workstations have dissappeared from the subfolders under Managed Computers.

The software we have installed, is:

Endpoint Security Version 8.1.0.646

Security Centre Version 9.0.2825

Network Agent Version 9.0.2826

When we check the server event logs under the Kaspersky event log, I have been seeing the following error message:

#1181 (-2147221164) Error 1181/0x80040154 ('System error 0x80040154 (Class not registered)') opening firewall manager.

If I look under unassigened compters, I find all the missing workstations, and I can move them back to their applicable folders, and they stay for Monday to Friday.

I'm at a loss to think what could cause this problem, to be frank it's a pain to have to keep moving the workstations every Monday.

Any thoughts???

Hello IanG,

welcome in this forum,

Look here for a patch for the lost computer.

Helmut

Hello IanG,

welcome in this forum,

Look here for a patch for the lost computer.

Helmut

Thanks for the quick answer Helmut, I've ran the script, and will get back next week once I've seen if it has had the desired effect.

Thanks as well for the welcome :-)

Thanks for the quick answer Helmut, I've ran the script, and will get back next week once I've seen if it has had the desired effect.

Thanks as well for the welcome :-)

Hi! Guys,

I'm sorry not to get back sooner, but have been away. As I said I ran the script, but we are still losing servers and workstations every weekend, any further ideas??

Cheers

Ian

Apparently this is going to be resolved in Critical Fix 2, but so far no date has been given for the release of the fix (despite it first being mentioned around Christmas time)

I know this delay is pushing my organisation towards moving away from Kaspersky, problems like this simply should not be ongoing for this long.

I know this delay is pushing my organisation towards moving away from Kaspersky, problems like this simply should not be ongoing for this long.

True story bro, same here.

+1, this has been a royal pain and with two more employees going mobile it's just going to get worse...damn 2 year licenses!

Apparently this is going to be resolved in Critical Fix 2, but so far no date has been given for the release of the fix (despite it first being mentioned around Christmas time)

I've now been tasked with finding an alternative solution to Kaspersky, so unless things change soon they are going to lose future business from us.

I've now been tasked with finding an alternative solution to Kaspersky, so unless things change soon they are going to lose future business from us.

Same thing were i work, we are looking for other application. Nice they will loose 250 licenses.

There's a fix due late 2012

Looks like it's end of March from the other thread

Either way, they're gonna be losing another 150 user license here from the look of things!

Edited by Ibrooks

BWAHAHAHAHA, Late 2012! SERIOUSLY?!?! I say again, damn you 2 year licenses!

DescriptionSometimes client computers with Network Agent installed may disappear from the Managed computers administration groups and appear in the unassigned group.

Reason

This may happen through an installation on client computers using a system image with already installed Network Agent with enabled option Start application during install.

Network Agent was installed with the Enable dynamic mode for VDI option enabled. The option can be configured in the Network Agent installation package properties.

SolutionWhen installing Network Agent on a computer to be used for making a system image from, disable the Start application during install option.

Reinstall Network Agent with the Enable dynamic mode for VDI option disabled.

THis solved the problem for me. :supercool:

DescriptionSometimes client computers with Network Agent installed may disappear from the Managed computers administration groups and appear in the unassigned group.

Reason

This may happen through an installation on client computers using a system image with already installed Network Agent with enabled option Start application during install.

Network Agent was installed with the Enable dynamic mode for VDI option enabled. The option can be configured in the Network Agent installation package properties.

SolutionWhen installing Network Agent on a computer to be used for making a system image from, disable the Start application during install option.

Reinstall Network Agent with the Enable dynamic mode for VDI option disabled.

THis solved the problem for me. :supercool:

This is not applicable in our case, the machines are still dropping from the management console even after ensuring these conditions were met.

Still waiting for Critical Fix 2

This is not applicable in our case, the machines are still dropping from the management console even after ensuring these conditions were met.

Still waiting for Critical Fix 2

Hi,

Same problem face, But I solve this issue for that way that I make relocation rules :). when my systems dropping the related group. These relocation rules move the system to its related group.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.