winseelan

need your advice for server antivirus

hi all,

im using Windows 2008 Server @ Standard FE Sp2 -64bit for this OS what is the best Antivirus? could you please suggest me

[if i posted this topic on wrong place then anybody please move into correct place please]

Hi all i need help too!thanks for this

i have a company with 15 pc with windows 7 and we didnt have any plan to add some more so i installed Kaspersky internet security 2012 on them.

but recently we had to add 5 PC with Windows server to our network.one of them as a file server two of them as active directory server and domain server one of them as ISA server and one of them is a link server

so i need help

what should i do?what should i buy?

i need something just for my servers and tell that do i need realy something for all my servers or just for file server?

regarding server 2008 R2 antivirus, I have been using the 'regular' Kaspersky Antivirus for Windows Servers 6.0.4.1424 builds. will be moving to endpoint when I get round to doing some install testing etc.

I assume when you say what is the best antivirus, you meant which is the best Kaspersky product for you ? :-)

if you are looking to manage multiple machines like Ali.nejad, then I would be looking at the Security Centre. It will make your life a lot easier in understanding the status of all your machines in 1 place.

plus then you only need to download updates once and the Security Centre will deploy them across your managed nodes.

currently, you are most likely downloading 15 sets of updates at each update interval for your windows 7 pcs, and then adding more will add more updates.

the Security Centre isn't that difficult to use and when it is configured with tasks and notifications you can almost leave it alone.

hope that helps a bit but ask whatever you need to know

regarding server 2008 R2 antivirus, I have been using the 'regular' Kaspersky Antivirus for Windows Servers 6.0.4.1424 builds. will be moving to endpoint when I get round to doing some install testing etc.

I assume when you say what is the best antivirus, you meant which is the best Kaspersky product for you ? :-)

if you are looking to manage multiple machines like Ali.nejad, then I would be looking at the Security Centre. It will make your life a lot easier in understanding the status of all your machines in 1 place.

plus then you only need to download updates once and the Security Centre will deploy them across your managed nodes.

currently, you are most likely downloading 15 sets of updates at each update interval for your windows 7 pcs, and then adding more will add more updates.

the Security Centre isn't that difficult to use and when it is configured with tasks and notifications you can almost leave it alone.

hope that helps a bit but ask whatever you need to know

thank you Robert for your reply

i figured up that Kaspersky endpoint security is good for me but i cant understand the license issue!

i saw they give me for example 5 workstation+1 file server license and as mentioned above it is more important to me to secure my 5 servers Pc with windows server 2008 R2 so what kind of license should i perches? i think this 5 workstation licenses is for 5 Pcs with windows 7 and my 15 workstations Pcs are already secured with kaspersky internet security 2012

i need 5 license for server is it true?

if yes how should i buy?it means that i should buy 5 packages of 1 file server+5 workstation?

please help me i am a little confused

The Business Space Security is the best product for you.

You can bye the amount of licenses you want.

The package 5+1 is named KSOS2 and a complete another product.

hi dear helmut

thanks for your reply

i read the kaspersky business space security section

its devided to these:

Workstations

Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows (workstation version)

Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Linux

Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Mac

Smartphones

Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Smartphone

Administration

Kaspersky Security Center

File Servers

Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows (server version)

Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Servers Enterprise Edition

Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Linux File Server

Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Novell NetWare

i just want to check with you

as i have kaspersky internet security on my workstations so i dont need to install Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows (workstation version)

and after my one year is finish i will buy this license for hem right?

i will install Kaspersky Security Center that does not need any license for administratoring my security

and finally i will install Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows (server version) on all my 6 servers

is that true my friend?

The Business Space Security is the best product for you.

You can bye the amount of licenses you want.

The package 5+1 is named KSOS2 and a complete another product.

Hi Helmut ,

i know 2 products for windows server in busines package ( Enterprise server & Endpoint for windows ) but i dont know where should i used it ?

i have some server with isa , Automation , Fileserver And . . . with windows 2003 OR 2008 .

Hi Rashty,

if you want to protect your isa server you have to choose the total space security.

So differences between our license packadges.

Workspace Security only Protection for Client systems like Windows XP,7 Smartphones, Macs and Linux Workstations

Business Space Security protects like Workspace + File Server Systems

Enterprise Space Security protects like Business Space + Mail Server Systems

Total Space Security protects like Enterprise Space + Perimeter Systems like ISA/TMG

Regards

THask

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.