Sign in to follow this  
ahmet.coskun

SMTP Mail Error

Hello guys,

We have a SMTP server and we created a mail box (kaspersky) on it. And our other building has an Administrator Kit 9 Kaspersky Security Center so We wanna take an email from here to our mail adresses but I am pinging my SMTP server IP address but when I click to TEST button, I am taking double Ok green but 1 error (Net SEND error ) :(

What is the problem ?

Please help me :)

Hello guys,

We have a SMTP server and we created a mail box (kaspersky) on it. And our other building has an Administrator Kit 9 Kaspersky Security Center so We wanna take an email from here to our mail adresses but I am pinging my SMTP server IP address but when I click to TEST button, I am taking double Ok green but 1 error (Net SEND error ) :(

What is the problem ?

Please help me :)

sounds like the test is also trying a NET SEND , hence the net send error

edit the task, untick and untick 'Use NET SEND' then try and run the task again.

I assume you are still receiving the email despite the error ?

sounds like the test is also trying a NET SEND , hence the net send error

edit the task, untick and untick 'Use NET SEND' then try and run the task again.

I assume you are still receiving the email despite the error ?

post-395162-1326724149_thumb.jpg

I am taking this error now and I can't see any mail on my mail box :(

I am taking this error now and I can't see any mail on my mail box :(

from that notification, it looks like the mail was sent successfully, and it was just the net send script that failed as I thought.

do you have access to the mail server it is sending to ?

just for checking its inbound SMTP logs to see what they say.

have you tried using telnet to diagnose the mail connection ? (or using any tool that can show you the raw dialog for4 the smtp conversation)

this will help to show you if the mail server is returning any messages that tell you what is wrong.

I assume that the security centre will show an error if there is any problem delivering mail as I think from memory that a test email comes through to complete the test.

smtp logs and message tracking (of some kind) will give you some clues as to where the notification has gone. smtp logs will at least show it was accepted and assigned a queue id

from that notification, it looks like the mail was sent successfully, and it was just the net send script that failed as I thought.

do you have access to the mail server it is sending to ?

just for checking its inbound SMTP logs to see what they say.

have you tried using telnet to diagnose the mail connection ? (or using any tool that can show you the raw dialog for4 the smtp conversation)

this will help to show you if the mail server is returning any messages that tell you what is wrong.

I assume that the security centre will show an error if there is any problem delivering mail as I think from memory that a test email comes through to complete the test.

smtp logs and message tracking (of some kind) will give you some clues as to where the notification has gone. smtp logs will at least show it was accepted and assigned a queue id

Hi Robert thanks for your reply and I checked telnet connection and it is OK :) LOGS show that all of them about is DNS but I changed my SMTP'S DNS but error still ok. and please HELP me and more detail I can give for you. :(

Hi Robert thanks for your reply and I checked telnet connection and it is OK :) LOGS show that all of them about is DNS but I changed my SMTP'S DNS but error still ok. and please HELP me and more detail I can give for you. :(

Hi,

from the Kaspersky dialog box you got with the net send error, it says the message was sent successfully so I think we can skip troubleshooting the actual smtp connection since that would appear to be ok, otherwise the message would have been different.

are you delivering to an internal mail server or a public internet one ?

if its internal , what mail server software are you using and do you use any anti-spam software on this server that could have removed the message ?

is the destination mailbox setup on this same server or are you sending the mail to another domain/address, if it isnt then there could be a problem relaying the message elsewhere.

forgive me but I'm not sure when you say the logs say they were about dns, do you happen to have a snippet of the smtp log showing the server accepting the message?

if you have any sort of method to track mail, ie, MS Exchange Message tracker, then it will tell you what it did with the mail.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.