robertmac

KSC / web console and Endpoint Security for Mac

I've had a little search but cant see anything on this subject specifically.

Can Endpoint for Mac be published into the web console for downloading and deployment ?

I can add Mac endpoint to the repository and to the clients virtual admin server for management but it doesnt appear for them to download via the Web Console.

so they only way I can think to get it to them, is to zip up the folder and send it to them for install rather than simply download and run from the web console

I believe it doesnt appear in the web console because the package in Security centre doesnt have the option to 'Create Standalone Installation package' like it does for the windows package.

I could be wrong with that assumption though

any help or ideas appreciated

cheers

robert

Kaspersky Security Center 9.0 is designed for remote and centralized administration and maintenance of the following Kaspersky Lab antivirus protection systems:

Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows;

Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Linux;

Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Mac;

Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Smartphone;

Kaspersky Anti-Virus 8.0 for Windows Servers Enterprise Edition;

Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Servers Enterprise Edition;

Kaspersky Anti-Virus 8.0 for Storage;

Kaspersky Anti-Virus 8.0 for Linux File Servers;

Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations MP4;

Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Servers MP4;

Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 SOS MP4;

Kaspersky Anti-Virus 5.7 for Novell NetWare.

http://support.kaspersky.com/ksc9?level=2

I know it is supported in Security Centre, but my question was about if you can download and deploy via the web console.

Yes you can.. try install the network agent first... then test the connection... and run the task of deployment

I know I can deploy the network agent and/or endpoint manually to the mac and it will appear in security centre.

again , my question is. Can you download it from the web console for deployment as you can with the windows endpoint.

if you havent dealt with the web console, it is essentially an apache webserver provider web access to some of the security centre functions

but it also allows you to download any package that has been published to the virtual admin server that you have logged into.

so when we publish windows antivirus or endpoint, we can give the customers a URL whcih downloads the package which is ready to run.

I want to know if we can do the same for mac endpoint, because at the moment it doesnt appear in web console and therefore we cannot get a url to give to our mac customers for download and installation.

I've not dealt with 'regular' security centre yet, just the Service Provider Edition which has the web console (assuming normal security center doesnt have a web console.

unless someone has used webconsole / KSC 9 / mac enpoint together they may not be able to answer my question.

yep, I have noticed it doesnt work currently.

I wasnt sure if it is a bug with SC, a bug with the mac package or just how it is intended to be.

just makes things a little more difficult for us as we are a service provider who provide our customers access to their own server via Web Console and let them download software themselves to install.

however in the case of mac, it seems we will have to package it ourselves and make available in another way for the end user to download via web

wouldn't suppose you have any idea if this will change in the future as if we update the mac package we will need to update our package, plus we will need to keep a different package for each customer (in terms of virtual admin server) simply because a single package would assign them all to 1 virtual admin server

thanks

robert

noticed this with Mac 'packages', again not sure if this is by design or not.

since I cant create a standalone mac package, I cant seem to create a deployment that is preconfigured for our Mac clients.

none of them are on our LAN so we cant push the deployment to them, same goes for the Network Agent

we can give them the Agent installer but it needs configured after install to ensure it connects to a server.

what I would like is to give them an installer that has a preconfigured Agent / Endpoint , much like how the windows agent package works.

I find it a bit strange that the console, just lets me create a stand-alone for mac, if it is actually not possible. And then it is packed as a EXE file, which of course isnt for Mac.

Would be nice if at least is is possible to create a pack with just the Network-agent predefined. So that deployment becomes easier.

noticed this with Mac 'packages', again not sure if this is by design or not.

since I cant create a standalone mac package, I cant seem to create a deployment that is preconfigured for our Mac clients.

none of them are on our LAN so we cant push the deployment to them, same goes for the Network Agent

we can give them the Agent installer but it needs configured after install to ensure it connects to a server.

what I would like is to give them an installer that has a preconfigured Agent / Endpoint , much like how the windows agent package works.

I have the same problem - standalone packages for Mac are created as .EXE files - so are useless for Mac installations. Has anyone found a way around this? Is it possible to pre-configure the agent and package that?

This feature is working only for the Windows product.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.