KoRi

KSC 9, 'All tasks-> Run a task' not working

I try to run a task, like ever i did: select a computer from list, right click-> All Tasks-> Run a task (select a task, no matter what)

I get a message:

'The computers to execute the task are not specified. Create a list of computers to run the task in its properties windows in the "Client computers" section.'

If i look the task in the 'Tasks for specific computers' i see that 'Ready for execution on 1 computers' report, but when i push the Start button, i get the same message.

When i open the task, and look in "Client computers" section, the computer i chose is appeared there. Now when i just close the task settings and push Start again, the task run normally.

I used very often the 'Run a task' mode till server upgrade, i need it back. :(

Thats another thing that running a small task which runs down 2sec @ the workstation, and on the server sees like 10min running. At adminkit 8 was faster back report.

Edited by KoRi

Hi - I think a task needs to be created in the same group as the client computer for this to work.

Please go into the group where the computer is located.

Create a task (whatever task you wish to run)

Refresh so the task appears

Now "run a task" select your new task.

If the client is running endpoint, the task needs to be created for endpoint / same if the client is running MP4.

Thanks

Scott

Hi!

These tasks what i don't want to run on every computer in the group, so thats why these are in the 'Tasks for specific computer'. I figured out that it works when using console @server, but not when using console from a workstation. Maybe something other problem, but i don't cares anymore, rolled back to adminkit 8.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.