Sign in to follow this  
stinga

Processing Heavy Rule

Hi Everyone,

I just upgraded three AdkinKits to KSC 9.x and since then, and on all three, the Kaspersky event log is being filled with the following and writing multiple times per second. Because of this, I believe my clients are finding the KSC server unresponsive and have proven this when running a KLNAgent check.

This is the event that is being logged...

Processing HEAVY rule 'one of my branch names' !

Has anyone seen this? I called local support here in the US and they've only heard about it but do not know of any details regarding it.

Thanks,

Bruce

Hi Everyone,

I just upgraded three AdkinKits to KSC 9.x and since then, and on all three, the Kaspersky event log is being filled with the following and writing multiple times per second. Because of this, I believe my clients are finding the KSC server unresponsive and have proven this when running a KLNAgent check.

This is the event that is being logged...

Processing HEAVY rule 'one of my branch names' !

Has anyone seen this? I called local support here in the US and they've only heard about it but do not know of any details regarding it.

Thanks,

Bruce

On the KSC9 server go to Unassigned computers and select "Configure rules of computer allocation to administration groups" on the right.

In the new window, does the computer relocation rule name match the text that you're getting in your event logs above ("Processing HEAVY rule <rule name>")

On the KSC9 server go to Unassigned computers and select "Configure rules of computer allocation to administration groups" on the right.

In the new window, does the computer relocation rule name match the text that you're getting in your event logs above ("Processing HEAVY rule <rule name>")

Yes they do match. However, only a subset of all my allocation rules are reporting in these events. Could there be something wrong with the rules? They look OK...

Thank you!

Yes they do match. However, only a subset of all my allocation rules are reporting in these events. Could there be something wrong with the rules? They look OK...

Thank you!

However, I can reproduce the event log warnings by clicking on the "Force" button within the Computer Relocation rule gui. Clicking force on any one of the highlighted rules, will trigger an event log warning for all of them.

Thank you!

Are all your computer relocation rules set as "rule works permanently" or "run once for each computer"? I've noticed that the those set to run permanently using Active Directory seem to generate the "Processing HEAVY rule" events.

I'm not sure if this is normal behavior that is perhaps being too verbose in the logging, or if it is a bug...

Edited by No Network

Are all your computer relocation rules set as "rule works permanently" or "run once for each computer"? I've noticed that the those set to run permanently using Active Directory seem to generate the "Processing HEAVY rule" events.

I'm not sure if this is normal behavior that is perhaps being too verbose in the logging, or if it is a bug...

They are all set to "Rule works permanetly". KAV support just this morning is asking me to delete and recreate them to see if this resolves the problem. Trying that now with a few of them.

Thank you,

Bruce

They are all set to "Rule works permanetly". KAV support just this morning is asking me to delete and recreate them to see if this resolves the problem. Trying that now with a few of them.

Thank you,

Bruce

Did that fix it?

Did that fix it?

No it did not fix the issue. Coincidentally, I have a case open with Kaspersky now where they have stated a “CritFix” has been created and will be available next week. My hope is the “CritFix” will also resolve the “Heavy Load” alerts.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.