pramod70

Computer lost from security center

Could you enable tracing files and reproduce this issue? See "Administration Server" trace file: http://support.kaspersky.com/ksc9/error?qid=208285361

I have the same problem and I noticed that computers lost are inactive for about 24h before they are deleted from their affected group.

I'll try to catch this event while a computer is deleted but as this is a random behavior it will be a hard task...

I am seeing the same thing even with Kaspersky Security Center 9.0 Critical Fix 1 (9.0.2825). When a computer has not been active for about 24 hours it will drop out of the group it is in. It might show up in another group, or in the Unassigned computers section. It will be hard to get logs or traces unless you let it run for a day or longer? Wouldn't that make the files too large ?

+1

Same problem here. Laptops are removed from the group after not connecting for a while, or they're moved to a different group. This is extremely frustrating, as we are trying to use USB device control, and this keeps disabling it for our users.

Any solutions, sounds like ANOTHER bug!

SC9.0.2825 KES 8.1.0.646 a.b

Edited by ttruesdell

Dear All,

We're having the same issue with the new build version also. we have noted that if there are more groups on the server around 50 clients are getting move frequently to unassigned group.

Dear support team,

I have installed Endpoint Security 8 about 15 user. In client I have have 8.1.0.646 and Network agent also 9.0.2786.

The problem is that i am losing my computer from Security Center. So, what may be the solution.

Thank you

Such behavior may have several reasons.

- Checkbox 'Enable dynamic mode for VDI' in nagent installer. If the checkbox has been set then the host will be removed from the Groups on each shutdown. You may see the checkbox state by means of computer search functionality ("Part of Virtual Desktop infrastructure" combobox on the "Virtual machines" tab in the find computer window).

- Running host 'Change administration Server address' task on hosts or launching klmover utility on hosts may also cause the behavior.

- Hosts may be removed from groups due to long period of inactivity according to 'Delete the computer from the group if it is not active for longer than (days)' value in group properties.

If you checked all mentioned above, and your SC version is older than 9 CF2, you may do following on the computer with the Administration Server installed.

1. Unpack the attached archieve.

2. Run start.cmd and make sure that it doesn't wrote any error messages.

3. Restart Administration Server service.

This patch has been integrated into the SC 9 CF2.

safeglueing_sqlserver.zip

I experience the same problem (Ep8 and KSC 9), I use virtual machine and I have checked the VDI but that problem has not been solved

Seems that it fixed the problem at the moment.

Also the problem that i can't update my clients with the standard-settings (source = admin server) works again.

How long until the fix in "safeglueing_sqlserver.zip" is included in an official hotfix/patch? It looks to only be SQL statements however I hesitate to install something that isn't released through the normal vendor patch release channels.

How long until the fix in "safeglueing_sqlserver.zip" is included in an official hotfix/patch? It looks to only be SQL statements however I hesitate to install something that isn't released through the normal vendor patch release channels.

The fix will be included into version 9 CF2.

And now you may address tech support service.

Hello all,

i have installed the patch too. For me it has solved the problem.

No clients are removed from the groups since two days.

Thanks a lot!

We are having this exact same issue and will be installing this "patch" today to see if it fixes it for us. Very frustrating to say the least as we are in the midst of a 15k+ node deployment and hit about 8k nodes before we started noticing this.

I have installed patch and all runs smoothly without error, after I turned off KSC server and few moments later the problem prevailed and wasn't solved. Please kindly help. Thanks in advance for your advice.

So where can we d/l CF2? I cannot find reference to it anywhere.

I see that. But CF2 fixes the issues in this thread. So I am asking where to get it.

In the moment you can only use the patch posted from andkaz.

Okay,

Will this patch work on version, 9.0.2786?

Do I need to patch to CF1 first?

When is CF2 due out?

Will this patch work on version, 9.0.2786?

Yes. It works with any 9.x and any 8.5 version.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.