Can Any one say why kaspersky is not able to block the suspicious activity while MAlware Bytes is doing.

02:46:25 multimedia IP-BLOCK 89.28.86.91 (Type: outgoing, Port: 30862, Process: skype.exe)

02:46:41 multimedia IP-BLOCK 89.28.86.91 (Type: outgoing, Port: 30862, Process: skype.exe)

09:24:36 multimedia MESSAGE Protection started successfully

09:24:41 multimedia MESSAGE IP Protection started successfully

09:41:06 multimedia IP-BLOCK 89.28.86.91 (Type: outgoing, Port: 30862, Process: skype.exe)

09:41:14 multimedia IP-BLOCK 89.28.86.91 (Type: outgoing, Port: 30862, Process: skype.exe)

09:41:14 multimedia IP-BLOCK 89.28.86.91 (Type: outgoing, Port: 30862, Process: skype.exe)

09:46:59 multimedia IP-BLOCK 91.223.82.63 (Type: outgoing, Port: 51051, Process: avp.exe)

09:47:07 multimedia IP-BLOCK 91.223.82.63 (Type: outgoing, Port: 51053, Process: avp.exe)

09:48:19 multimedia IP-BLOCK 91.223.82.231 (Type: outgoing, Port: 51163, Process: avp.exe)

09:53:15 multimedia IP-BLOCK 77.78.242.124 (Type: outgoing, Port: 30862, Process: skype.exe)

09:53:23 multimedia IP-BLOCK 77.78.242.124 (Type: outgoing, Port: 30862, Process: skype.exe)

09:53:23 multimedia IP-BLOCK 77.78.242.124 (Type: outgoing, Port: 30862, Process: skype.exe)

I am user of kaspersky from last 3 years And kaspersky did not remove 2 kinds of malware or virus what ever it may be after scanning with malware i found these and removed.Can we trust kaspersky full

Can Any one say why kaspersky is not able to block the suspicious activity while MAlware Bytes is doing.

I am user of kaspersky from last 3 years And kaspersky did not remove 2 kinds of malware or virus what ever it may be after scanning with malware i found these and removed.Can we trust kaspersky full

First of all, What makes this activity suspicious? I fail to see how blocking skype (Which requires internet access as it is a messaging client) or blocking AVP (Which is Kaspersky's main process which also needs internet access for updates and a variety of other purposes especially if connected to KSN) would serve any real purpose both programs are trusted and Kaspersky if enabled can scan for malicious traffic with its NDIS Filter.

Second of all PLEASE tell me you're not trying to run TWO firewalls or real-time scanners at the same time as this could cause serious issues ranging from instability to a complete lack of protection as the two programs fight with each other. More of something does not always mean better.

Third of all Kaspersky knows malware and they do an EXCELLENT job at stopping it, is the software perfect? No, but the malware situation is NOT that simple. Malware becomes more and more capable of proliferating across vulnerable systems, that along with the way it's constantly mutating, and the fact that they can also fight disinfection and you have a much more difficult fight to prevent it ESPECIALLY when you have to distinguish between a MASSIVE amount of samples, prevent damaging non-malicious files and programs from false positives, AND maintain a reasonable performance deficit. Users play a LARGE part in the security of an operating system and an AV program is expected to be simple and usable by even the most inexperienced computer users.

It's really a daunting task when you think about it. It's like its not bad enough you need a half-tank rocket launching yeti to protect your computer from 97% of the malware currently out there but you have to make that tool usable by people who keep trying to put the square block in the circle hole.

Edited by Tomwa

First of all, What makes this activity suspicious? I fail to see how blocking skype (Which requires internet access as it is a messaging client) or blocking AVP (Which is Kaspersky's main process which also needs internet access for updates and a variety of other purposes especially if connected to KSN) would serve any real purpose both programs are trusted and Kaspersky if enabled can scan for malicious traffic with its NDIS Filter.

Second of all PLEASE tell me you're not trying to run TWO firewalls or real-time scanners at the same time as this could cause serious issues ranging from instability to a complete lack of protection as the two programs fight with each other. More of something does not always mean better.

Third of all Kaspersky knows malware and they do an EXCELLENT job at stopping it, is the software perfect? No, but the malware situation is NOT that simple. Malware becomes more and more capable of proliferating across vulnerable systems, that along with the way it's constantly mutating, and the fact that they can also fight disinfection and you have a much more difficult fight to prevent it ESPECIALLY when you have to distinguish between a MASSIVE amount of samples, prevent damaging non-malicious files and programs from false positives, AND maintain a reasonable performance deficit. Users play a LARGE part in the security of an operating system and an AV program is expected to be simple and usable by even the most inexperienced computer users.

It's really a daunting task when you think about it. It's like its not bad enough you need a half-tank rocket launching yeti to protect your computer from 97% of the malware currently out there but you have to make that tool usable by people who keep trying to put the square block in the circle hole.

Long Reply. Are u sure that those IPS Blocked by the Malware Bytes are related to kaspersky and skype. U said some false positives like that in this case the reason for installing Malware BYTES on desktop few icons are being opend by sinlge click which should be open by double click most importantly MY COMPUTER icon is being opend by single click so i scanned and found 2 infections and after the scan with MALWARE BYTES issue resolved but not with KASPERSKY.Tell me should i keep malware along with ksi 2012 are let the system leave for only ksp.

Long Reply. Are u sure that those IPS Blocked by the Malware Bytes are related to kaspersky and skype. U said some false positives like that in this case the reason for installing Malware BYTES on desktop few icons are being opend by sinlge click which should be open by double click most importantly MY COMPUTER icon is being opend by single click so i scanned and found 2 infections and after the scan with MALWARE BYTES issue resolved but not with KASPERSKY.Tell me should i keep malware along with ksi 2012 are let the system leave for only ksp.

Malwarebytes works great as a secondary on-demand scanner, as for the blocked IPs I explained that AVP is kaspersky's main process and Skype.exe is obviously skype's main process however if you want to guarantee that those files are legitimate I'd check the hashes.

KIS 2012 (AVP.exe) if fully updated has an MD5 hash of: 2718DC27571BD1E37813F5759D2DC118

Skype (Skype.exe) if fully updated (which it should be) has an MD5 hash of: B6CD04EFB68E3082CD3CA4660C976540

Both programs are totally safe. As long as KIS is up to date and enabled you're okay.

Edited by Tomwa

The short answer in a nut-shell is Kaspersky is different from Malware Bytes.

Kaspersky scans the program initially when it is first executed to define a group and is checked against KSN. (that is why kaspersky has proactive defense and application control) mind you this is a water-ed down version of the explanation

if u use Malwarebytes turn off the Real protection off..... It Will Conflict with Kaspersky.

2) its SKYPE and AVP(kaspersky) procceses...

So it isnt any kind of malware.

Sorry for my intrusion into the thread, but if I can say a simple comment:

09:41:06 multimedia IP-BLOCK 89.28.86.91 (Type: outgoing, Port: 30862, Process: skype.exe)

09:46:59 multimedia IP-BLOCK 91.223.82.63 (Type: outgoing, Port: 51051, Process: avp.exe)

09:47:07 multimedia IP-BLOCK 91.223.82.63 (Type: outgoing, Port: 51053, Process: avp.exe)

09:48:19 multimedia IP-BLOCK 91.223.82.231 (Type: outgoing, Port: 51163, Process: avp.exe)

Where is the suspicious activity here? MWB is blocking the normal activity of Skype & Kaspersky :dash1:

Regards.

i don't see any suspicious activity, i think you need to review you post,

skype and kaspersky are trusted applications and i don't think you need to prevent them from connecting to the internet

as skype is internet call program and kaspersky need the internet for updating and other things.