Patriksfr

KIS 2012 patch b VK replicate every key typed 2 times

Hello, i whas just openning Kaspersky Keyboard to see are there any changes.. Okay i started To Type But Whats This?

Suddently When I press Any Letter Or Number one time it types it three times! Why?

Like This I press The A And It Types - AAA

:(

Is This A Bug Or Something?

Have just updated with the patch and rebooted (winXP Pro SP3), but it seems not to work as intended.

If i enter a key into a field through the Virtual Keyboard on a web site, it will replicate every key typed 2 - 4 times, making it still unusable.

This behavior was identical between different websites.

The older version did this faithfully for every key typed.

Edited by burkm

After installing the patch and having the system restarted (WinXP pro SP3 booted) the FF5 add ons still don't work as intended.

Using the just released patched version of the virtual Keyboard if i enter something into a field on a website using this feature, every character typed is been duplicated twice or more (2-4), thus making it practically unusable.

I tried it out on several sites with (almost) identical results: on some sites it will replicate twice, on others 3 times etc. The behavior is not consistent: after entering several keys into a field, which replicated thrice, it then changed for the following keys to "normal" behavior. This behavior could be duplicated several times...

Hi Richbuff, It's working now after delete the extension. Thanks again.
Edited by burkm

Please post your GSI report. Which KIS version exactly and which browser (full version)?

Unfortunately I don't understand, what he ment in the post referred to: "...delete the extensions..." ? because no further explanation has been provided.

I have the latest KIS 2012 12.0.0.374 incl. the a.b. patch just released and the most current official release of FireFox 5.0

here is the solution. post #2 by richbuff contains all you need: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showt...t&p=1695494
Edited by burkm

Ok, i found out by myself.

I removed the Kaspersky file entries from within the Mozilla FireFox Extensions folder.

After that everything seems to work as expected.

Unfortunately I don't understand, what he ment in the post referred to: "...delete the extensions..." ? because no further explanation has been provided.

I have the latest KIS 2012 12.0.0.374 incl. the a.b. patch just released and the most current official release of FireFox 5.0

Edited by burkm

I just tested the Kis virtual keyboard with FF5.0 and there seems to be a problem, when I press a letter it writes that letter multiple times instead of just one time, it almost spams the text field like this: "ggggggggggggggggggggggg"

Not sure why that is :unsure:

If I use it with notepad for example it works fine and only writes one at a time.

Will test if it still happens after a reboot.

EDIT: just tested with Chrome and it works fine there.

Edited by Sall

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.