Gniblett

KMS for the Apple iPhone?

Will there be one in the future?

Try looking around for one with the vendors that make AV's for smartphones despite the claimed large number of Iphones. ;)

Viktor the developer said that there might be a Iphone version for KMS 10, the question is if it is needed like it is with for example Symbian. :)

Viktor the developer said that there might be a Iphone version for KMS 10, the question is if it is needed like it is with for example Symbian. :)

There is a rumor that Apple mobile devices can be infected with malware through PDF files.

There is a rumor that Apple mobile devices can be infected with malware through PDF files.

I hope that Apple have their finger on the pulse with regards to any threats that can breach the iPhone and that something will be released to protect for these vulnerabilities :unsure:

I hope that Apple have their finger on the pulse with regards to any threats that can breach the iPhone and that something will be released to protect for these vulnerabilities :unsure:

If your iPhone is in its original condition then you are protected as far as i know.

But in case it is jailbroken(hacked or whatever you call it :P) then you are not protected and an AV is needed.

I think the same applies to the Android phones!

Edited by lapin

If your iPhone is in its original condition then you are protected as far as i know.

Thanks, that does ease my troubled mind ......

I certainly won't be tampering with the operating system on my phone .... its enough to understand how it works without trying to change it!!

But in case it is jailbreaked(hacked or whatever you call it :P) then you are not protected and an AV is needed.

I think the same applies to the Android phones!

The problem with iOS 4.3.3 on Iphone and Ipads does not depend if the device is jailbroken or not, it's a problem of the OS.

They say that apple product is a bit safe when installing any programs or running any software from it since virus don't usually enters the OS. Anyway, I would like to know if this is right or a bit wrong?

The problem with iOS 4.3.3 on Iphone and Ipads does not depend if the device is jailbroken or not, it's a problem of the OS.

What's that problem you are talking about? :rolleyes:

They say that apple product is a bit safe when installing any programs or running any software from it since virus don't usually enters the OS. Anyway, I would like to know if this is right or a bit wrong?

If your iPhone is jailbroken then it means that you have root access to it.

In other words it means that you can install any program on it.

So, if you install a virus then it can access anything, from your phone book to your accounts' info and passwords.

What's that problem you are talking about? :rolleyes:

Iphones, Ipads and Ipod Touch with 4.3.3 OS can be infected with malware when you open PDF files.

Generally it's a bit right and wrong too! Among Iphone, Ipad (i'm one of them) & Mac users there exist a somewhat dangerous view that these OS's are not at risk for exploitation due to the overhyped credo that these are so well made compared to W7 for example.

They are not really, what they are is small in numbers so it only now that criminal organisations are starting to point the spotlight at these OS's...i believe Mac sales was around 4-8 mill and then compare that to the 150-200 mill copies of W7 sold in the same year as well as all those Vista and XP still running! It doesn't ake a brainsurgeon to figure out that your money spent on making malware to exploit users are better spent on Windows exploitation.

The best advice given is to use the same sound judgement as when you surf on your pc, plus always keep your phone/pc up to date with regards to versions and stay away from jailbroken phones, it's like handing the keys to your house.

I have an iPad and iPhone. So I gather from this thread that Kaspersky will NOT work for antivirus on these devices, but what about the other Kaspersky features like phone wipe and locate?

Thanks!

I have an iPad and iPhone. So I gather from this thread that Kaspersky will NOT work for antivirus on these devices, but what about the other Kaspersky features like phone wipe and locate?

Thanks!

phone wipe and locate -- are the features of Anti-Theft in KIS for Android. KIS for Android isn't work on iPhone at all.

BTW we have this - http://support.kaspersky.com/8251