Sign in to follow this  
fdt93

Admin Kit Policy and Trusted Zone

For some reason, the entries I make in the trusted zone settings of a policy do not get propagated to the client.

After autopatch 'F' was released I re-enabled Proactive Defense on my policy (P.D. was previously disabled due to autopatch 'D' causing our .vbs network logon script to get identified as a threat)

Even though I have added the unc path to the logon script to the Exclusion rules, and added the script itself (with full path) to the Trusted Applications in the policy, the client still blocked the script from running. P.D. still identified it as input/output redirection.

I unchecked Input/Output Redirection in the P.D. settings on the policy, and the logon script is able to run. Which shows that the policy successfully applied to the client. (The admin kit also reports that the policy was successfully applied) But, none of the Trusted Zone settings from the policy show up in the client settings. I shouldn't have to disable that part of P.D. if the Trusted Zone is set up properly. But, for that to work, the Trusted Zone settings in the policy need to actually make it to the client.

Has anyone else encountered this before?

The client is running KAV 6.0.4.1424 (d.f) on Windows 7 SP1 x64 with the 8.0.2134 network agent.

Thanks,

Jason

For some reason, the entries I make in the trusted zone settings of a policy do not get propagated to the client.

After autopatch 'F' was released I re-enabled Proactive Defense on my policy (P.D. was previously disabled due to autopatch 'D' causing our .vbs network logon script to get identified as a threat)

Even though I have added the unc path to the logon script to the Exclusion rules, and added the script itself (with full path) to the Trusted Applications in the policy, the client still blocked the script from running. P.D. still identified it as input/output redirection.

I unchecked Input/Output Redirection in the P.D. settings on the policy, and the logon script is able to run. Which shows that the policy successfully applied to the client. (The admin kit also reports that the policy was successfully applied) But, none of the Trusted Zone settings from the policy show up in the client settings. I shouldn't have to disable that part of P.D. if the Trusted Zone is set up properly. But, for that to work, the Trusted Zone settings in the policy need to actually make it to the client.

Has anyone else encountered this before?

The client is running KAV 6.0.4.1424 (d.f) on Windows 7 SP1 x64 with the 8.0.2134 network agent.

Thanks,

Jason

Ensure that you have enabled the checkbox to lock the policy settings that you want to enforce, if the policy setting is not locked the specific setting will not be enforced on the client.

Ensure that you have enabled the checkbox to lock the policy settings that you want to enforce, if the policy setting is not locked the specific setting will not be enforced on the client.

Aha. Of course. It was right there in front of me. Thanks!

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.