marcks

Installation PURE Error 1304 writing to file

I have used Internet Security 2010 satisfactorily for one year and elected to buy PURE as recemmended by the Kaspersky automatic renewal notice. I uninstalled K Int Sec 2010 and have tried to install PURE. The process blocks during the step, "Progamme features you selected being installed". The error message is, "Error 1304. Error writing to file C:\Documents........\Bases\baseb99c.kdc. Verify that you have access to that directory."

Any ideas? Get system info attached.

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...f7b3f2be28ca14c

Hello,

first remove all symnatec stuff, Symantec Technical Support Advanced Chat Controls and Symantec Technical Support Web Controls.

Clear your temp folders.

Does your account have admin right? If still no-go try removing all kaspersky products with kavremover.

Dear Marco,

Thanks for your advice. I followed it carefully. Following the deletions there were further problems which required handling following Microsoft advice (problems on start-up etc). Finally however, I got PURE installed and it is scanning now.

I don't know what your opinion is but getting this thing installed cost me over a day in time. Apart from your help on this forum I got zero assistance from Kaspersky itself - just emails with ultimately unhelpful cut/paste instructions. Only your tips got me where I needed to be. I recall with Norton I had no problem getting chat assistance and resolving issues within 30 minutes or so. Now I have got PURE I will stick with it for the year but after that I will switch back to a more reliable Company (Symantec) I think.

Once again, thanks,

Mark

Hello,

first remove all symnatec stuff, Symantec Technical Support Advanced Chat Controls and Symantec Technical Support Web Controls.

Clear your temp folders.

Does your account have admin right? If still no-go try removing all kaspersky products with kavremover.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.