Sign in to follow this  
Itsacraig

How long before mobile security is released for Android?

I am about to collect my Milestone 2 on Tuesday, and currently looking for AV/ Firewall software for it.

Sorry, I couldnt find any articles on when this will be released, and was not keen on purchasing any other than Kasperski.

It looks like I will have no choice unless anyone can offer a solution?

if it is still a while off, maybe I could also work as a tester if it still works secures the device at this stage?

Thanks for your feedback.

Craig

ps. If im hitting a brick wall with this, what would be the best solution for my device at this stage?

Hey there,

I don't know when the release of KMS for Android is, but I don't think they announced it yet (Correct me if I'm wrong) but they did say early 2011, so it's not too far away. Your best bet right now is to beta test for the product. You'll be helping out the developers while you're at it. Just go to the "beta testing" page for "Kaspersky Mobile Security 9.0 MP2" from the main page of the forums and it'll tell you how to sign up on the first thread marked as "IMPORTANT". Sorry for the no link, but I don't think I'm allowed to post links on the forum.

Please note though that the program is not fully finished therefore you can't expect everything working fine. But so far with the new release I've found no problem with it.

Edited by papaniz

Hey there,

I don't know when the release of KMS for Android is, but I don't think they announced it yet (Correct me if I'm wrong) but they did say early 2011, so it's not too far away. Your best bet right now is to beta test for the product. You'll be helping out the developers while you're at it. Just go to the "beta testing" page for "Kaspersky Mobile Security 9.0 MP2" from the main page of the forums and it'll tell you how to sign up on the first thread marked as "IMPORTANT". Sorry for the no link, but I don't think I'm allowed to post links on the forum.

Thanks Papaniz,

I saw a post which mentioned around June/ July time.

I think I will try for the beta testing. But would it still protect and offer the features?

I am off to Asia at the end of Feb and was hoping for something which would still function incase of theft from overseas.

Thanks again for your input :)

I'm glad to help. The program at this stage is doing great. And so far it has anti-theft features such as blocking your phone through SMS, finding your phone through GPS, wiping your data, and hiding your information, all those are activated through an SMS from ANY other phone. As well as an anti-virus itself. Which should keep you protected and safe. So far the anti-virus has not caught anything on my phone, and I'm pretty sure it's a great anti-virus seeing that Kaspersky Labs were the only anti-virus lab to find the viruses for Android. I believe they were two viruses. The program should still function overseas as well and keep you protected. Just make sure to have internet back at Asia to stay up to date and stay updated with the program.

Edited by papaniz

mwc 2011 14. february 2011.

There will be announced and I think after short while released to customers :o

That's great! Can't wait.

So 14th Feb it will be released?

Is there no way I would be able to purchase this before the official date? Would prefer to stick with this instead of looking for a freeware one from 2nd Feb-14th Feb when it is officially released. If not, I may look towards Norton for the time being which does a 30 day free trial, or another freeware one for the time being.

I also have kaspersky on my desktop, and I much prefer this to any other.

Thanks again

I dont working for Kaspersky :D then I dont know, when exactly kms will be released :D :bravo:

I dont working for Kaspersky :D then I dont know, when exactly kms will be released :D :bravo:

lol ok, so Im still non the wiser on the actual release date?

lol ok, so Im still non the wiser on the actual release date?

I heard early 2011, and June/July isn't early. Unless they delayed it. So I'll go with February for now.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.