Jump to content
ktsaved

Up2date.exe causes memory paging and server "hang"

Recommended Posts

Kaspersky Security Centre 9 does have SBS 2003 on the list but my experience is that it repeats the problem above, everytime it runs the updater the server grinds to a halt.

 

When the task to download updates to the repository runs that the server purges all the memory from the working processes to the page file resulting in the system coming unresponsive...

 

No sign of a solution for me yet....

Hello. You used CF1? If no, then please use CF 1 because this problem fixed in this build.

Share this post


Link to post

Same problem here.

When Kaspersky starts update, our SBS 2003 is hanging for 5-10 minutes.

File versions of diffsAK.dll and upd_core.dll are 8.0.2163.0, so they are newer than the attached files in this thread.

Should I put the old files (2144) there?

 

Regards,

Ritter

Share this post


Link to post

Is this still an issue? I seem to be having similar issues on SBS2003 with the latest Security Center...

 

Are those "patch" files still required?

Share this post


Link to post

Now I'm having this issue, and if the u2date.exe is not using the processor, then it's klserver.exe, or sqpserver.exe.

 

You really need to solve this.

Share this post


Link to post

Hello friends.

Smoot Operator and KEM please provide us more information. how it reproduse?

Versions of KSC, what OS installed, and more other.

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Hello friends.

Smoot Operator and KEM please provide us more information. how it reproduse?

Versions of KSC, what OS installed, and more other.

Thank you.

 

I have Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise SP1, I also have WSUS service running on it, and some vmware tools. Nothing special.

 

Server is virtualized on vmware.

 

This was becoming an issue couple days ago, I thought it was some update issue, using so much of processor, but 3 days ago it started again.

post-241054-1337855921_thumb.jpg

Edited by Smoot Operator

Share this post


Link to post

I have a Windows 2003 Small Business Server, running Exchange Server 2003, File/Printer Sharing, and Windows Software Update Services.

 

I am using Kasperksy Security for MS Exchange Server Version 5.5.1388.0, Kaspersky Security Center Version 9.2.69 and I was using Kasperksy Anti-Virus for Windows Server Enterprise Edition Version 8.0.0.559.

 

The issue is difficult to replicate - it had been happening periodically throughout the day. The sever crawled to a halt when I tried to do an update through Security Center (but I can't be sure it caused the issue, considering it had been happening all day).

 

This evening I uninstalled KAV for Windows Server Enterprise and installed Kasperksy Endpoint Security for Windows Version 8.1.0.831 (as per recommendation by Kasperksy phone support). I'll have to see how it goes with this tomorrow...

 

Cheers,

Kim

Share this post


Link to post

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.