Salmoneus

New PC's do not appear in admin kit

Since a few days new computers (new in our domain) do not appear in the network:domains section of the administration kit.

Background: a new computer got the same ip-number as an old computer, which was still in the admin kit. Therefore the new one didn't appear. I did a big clean-up, erasing everything under "network" as it was full of old machines that don't exist anymore.

After that something is wrong. New domain members don't appear at all. What is this? Is it a known issue? Please help.

/Per

Since a few days new computers (new in our domain) do not appear in the network:domains section of the administration kit.

Background: a new computer got the same ip-number as an old computer, which was still in the admin kit. Therefore the new one didn't appear. I did a big clean-up, erasing everything under "network" as it was full of old machines that don't exist anymore.

After that something is wrong. New domain members don't appear at all. What is this? Is it a known issue? Please help.

/Per

did you already install the network agent at the new client?

is the old computer name and the new one are the same?

try to delete the old ones in the group and add it again then refresh. you can add it by searching the client using the windows networking or by ip address.

Edited by jeff

Names are new. They only appear outside the domain, with a server default name in the form pc-192@domain.com (192 being the last part of the ip-number). The real domain name never appears inside the domain. If I try to install network agent on the computers with the pc-192@domain.com names I get an error that a "duplicate name exists on the network", which it does not!

Can the network listing somehow be totally resetted?

Can network agent be manually installed on the clients?

/Salmoneus

Names are new. They only appear outside the domain, with a server default name in the form pc-192@domain.com (192 being the last part of the ip-number). The real domain name never appears inside the domain. If I try to install network agent on the computers with the pc-192@domain.com names I get an error that a "duplicate name exists on the network", which it does not!

Can the network listing somehow be totally resetted?

Can network agent be manually installed on the clients?

/Salmoneus

install the network agent using the pull install method. upon installation make sure that you check the server name where the aminkit is installed.

another option is to disconnect to the administration server and connect it again to localhost after that run again the administration server quick start wizard to detect all domain or workgroup on the network.

install the network agent using the pull install method. upon installation make sure that you check the server name where the aminkit is installed.

Can you explain the pull method? I'm not sure what you mean.

/Salmoneus

It works now...

I noticed that the admin server task was using 420M memory on the server, and it was responding very slowly. A quick reboot of the server made it run much better, and all the missing domain members appeared shortly thereafter!

Don't know what was wrong, but is it normal that the server is using 420M ram???

/Salmoneus

Don't know what was wrong, but is it normal that the server is using 420M ram???

It's shouldn't be normal but I find that several of my Admin Kit Server running servers do this as well, gobble up a lot of memory.

A 'net stop CSAdminServer' followed by a 'net start CSAdminServer' from a command prompt on the server will restart the service without needing a full server restart.

Hello,

>I noticed that the admin server task was using 420M memory on the server,

>and it was responding very slowly. A quick reboot of the server made it

>run much better, and all the missing domain members appeared shortly

> thereafter!

Could you create memory fump of process klserver.exe after it eats at least 300 Mb, please.

Use following command line to create memory dump:

userdump.exe klserver.exe c:\klserver.dmp

Then you may compress file c:\klserver.dmp and put it

on following ftp (in a personal message).

userdump.zip

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.