A few days ago my FB's pages pictures are taking forever to load... As soon as I shut down protection, they fly on then screen, faster than a speeding bullet. What happened :unsure:

And, it does seem to be Facebook thingy, as it's the same thing at different sites which have FB-features. Those take ages to load...

And, it does seem to be Facebook thingy, as it's the same thing at different sites which have FB-features. Those take ages to load...

So, nobody else has same kind of problem? This stops, when I disable web antivirus (and it does the same thing with Firefox 4b7 and IE). I even uninstalled 2011, keeping only registering info but no help. Still everything regarding FB (pictures) is slow as he**. They take minutes to load, not all pictures but some...

No problems here with FB and .556.

Still having this problem, would someone like to look at my GSI-report?

GSI-report

Anything there? This is starting to be very annoying...

Edited by MSuomi

You might try clearing out all of your temp files.

I checked the report myself and I did empty the temp files already. Though I can say, that I did NOT install any of those programs. I tend to keep my computer "clean and simple". But this is strange problem indeed. Even if I set the www.facebook.com as trusted URL, the pictures still don't load properly... As most of the pages nowadays have some sort of FB-thingy on their page, they always take ages to load... Strange. Should I try a total clean-up with Kaspersky removal tool?

Should I try a total clean-up with Kaspersky removal tool?
It won't hurt, but I use it this way. Make sure you have your activation code handy, then Turn off self defense then exit KIS. Uninstall via the control panel. Reboot then run the removal tool. Scroll down and choose "all known products". Download and install version 11.0.2.556. You will need your activation code to reinstall.

http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208282353

http://www.kaspersky.com/productupdates

happens to me intermittently too. I don't think it is a Kasperksy software issue relating to the new build. it has been going on for well over a month and I only installed 556 last week. Also it affects a virtual machine of mine running MSE. The most logical explanation I can think of at present is that it is either an intermittent excessive loading issue with facebook's servers and the coding in their links to images/sign in features on other sites not being optimised.

annoyingly the facebook links are smothering several sites I like to use, including pogo which I like to unwind on so I can understand your frustration.

Edited by antikythera

happens to me intermittently too. I don't think it is a Kasperksy software issue relating to the new build. it has been going on for well over a month and I only installed 556 last week. Also it affects a virtual machine of mine running MSE. The most logical explanation I can think of at present is that it is either an intermittent excessive loading issue with facebook's servers and the coding in their links to images/sign in features on other sites not being optimised.

annoyingly the facebook links are smothering several sites I like to use, including pogo which I like to unwind on so I can understand your frustration.

But turning protection off (for example, while the pictures won't appear) loads the pictures instantly...

Just to info, I did a total uninstall/reinstall procedure. But the problem is still there. Well, I tried :blink:

Could it be related to the fact that you are using BETA versions of FF (and IE?)?

Don't know specifically about KIS, but many IS suites don't yet fully support beta versions of browsers (FF4, IE9), and bugs/glitches/compatibility issues might be expected with these beta versions.

What happens if you use a public release version of FF or IE?

Just a thought....

MM

Could it be related to the fact that you are using BETA versions of FF (and IE?)?

Don't know specifically about KIS, but many IS suites don't yet fully support beta versions of browsers (FF4, IE9), and bugs/glitches/compatibility issues might be expected with these beta versions.

What happens if you use a public release version of FF or IE?

Just a thought....

MM

FF is beta, but IE is not... And it has something to do with Web-AV part of Kaspersky as if I take it off, pictures load normally at the same instant, when Web-AV is taken off...

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.