Viktor

Kaspersky Mobile Security 9.0 MP1

Dear beta testers!

We have started the beta-testing of Kaspersky Mobile Security 9.0 MP1 for Windows Mobile. Please let us know about all found issues here.

Best Regards,

Victor Yablokov, KMS Development Team

Dear beta testers!

We have started the beta-testing of Kaspersky Mobile Security 9.0 MP1 for Windows Mobile. Please let us know about all found issues here.

Best Regards,

Victor, KMS Development Team

unable to find download for beta 9.0 mp1 .........

unable to find download for beta 9.0 mp1 .........

i have sent the link to all beta-testers with wm-devices

Viktor can you provide us with a changelog too??

Viktor,

Is there any specific area that we should focus on more than any other (for example, firewall, encryption, etc.)?

Dear beta testers!

Best Regards,

Victor, KMS Development Team

Hi Viktor.

When beta for symbian devices begins?

Hi Viktor.

When beta for symbian devices begins?

Next week

Viktor,

Is there any specific area that we should focus on more than any other (for example, firewall, encryption, etc.)?

Subscribtion, we have added this feature in kms 9.0 mp1

Viktor can you provide us with a changelog too??

We have fixed all found issues and we have implemented subscription business model

So far, no issues installing, activating, updating, etc.

Good job Viktor (and your team)! :bravo:

Some features that could be added;

1. Clicking on an item in the Protection Status screen should take you to that feature (for example, clicking on Firewall should take you to the firewall settings).

2. Anti-Virus:

a. In the Update section, under Update Schedule, Update in roaming should NOT be checked by default. Getting extra roaming data charges is not a surprise that's fun to get.

3. Firewall:

a. I know I've asked this before, but the ability to specify which programs/ports that can be allowed through the firewall. I use WMWiFiRouter to share my internet connection and in order for it to work I have to completely disable the firewall (which I either forget to do and have to spend time to remember why my connections are not working or, worse of all, forget to re-enable the firewall.

Non-functional suggestions:

1. Change the title in the Protect status screen to Protection Status (capitalize the "S" in status since it's a title).

I decided to test the blocking if the SIM card was changed. Here's what I did:

1. I shut my phone off.

2. I removed the SIM card.

3. I started my phone. When the phone booted up, KMS showed the block message. As expected.

4. The phone number that I entered to get the notification received the theft message. As expected.

5. I entered the code and shut my phone off.

6. I re-inserted the SIM card.

7. I started my phone. When the phone booted up and displayed the "default phone" message that the phone detected a SIM card and would be switched to World Mode.

8. The KMS message came up to ask if I wanted to put add the sender of the message in #9 below to my White List, but this screen "locked" for over five minutes before I could do anything with my phone.

9. I received a text message from Sprint that read, "Message sent to invalid destination. Please check your number and try again. Msg 2127". I am assuming that this was from trying to send the email notification part of the Anti-Theft. I have two email accounts setup on my phone (both IMAP accounts) as well as synching with Outlook (so three accounts show up on the phone in all).

What mechanism does KMS use to send emails?

Also, I brought up the Help screen and I tried to scroll using "finger gesture" and instead of scrolling the window, it started highlighting text.

By the way, I like the code entry screen much better (bigger buttons to press).

I've installed it! so far it looks good although i haven't complete my testing!

I've noticed a huge battery drain and some overlaps in the gui!

I will format my phone in a while and report back with more specific details!

We have fixed all found issues and we have imolemented subscription business model

what do you mean by that? :unsure:

what do you mean by that? :unsure:

We have implemented sms-subscribtion model, check it on activation screen

I decided to test the blocking if the SIM card was changed. Here's what I did:

1. I shut my phone off.

2. I removed the SIM card.

3. I started my phone. When the phone booted up, KMS showed the block message. As expected.

4. The phone number that I entered to get the notification received the theft message. As expected.

5. I entered the code and shut my phone off.

6. I re-inserted the SIM card.

7. I started my phone. When the phone booted up and displayed the "default phone" message that the phone detected a SIM card and would be switched to World Mode.

8. The KMS message came up to ask if I wanted to put add the sender of the message in #9 below to my White List, but this screen "locked" for over five minutes before I could do anything with my phone.

9. I received a text message from Sprint that read, "Message sent to invalid destination. Please check your number and try again. Msg 2127". I am assuming that this was from trying to send the email notification part of the Anti-Theft. I have two email accounts setup on my phone (both IMAP accounts) as well as synching with Outlook (so three accounts show up on the phone in all).

What mechanism does KMS use to send emails?

Also, I brought up the Help screen and I tried to scroll using "finger gesture" and instead of scrolling the window, it started highlighting text.

By the way, I like the code entry screen much better (bigger buttons to press).

KMS sends sms to russion provider MTS, mts converts it and sends data to our servers, our servers sends e-mail. It seems that you don't have international rouming

I checked activation screen about subscribtion.

Viktor, can you provide more details about that new model?

Premium SMS isnt in Slovakia, I read something about subscribtion credit? :o

Edited by Korenisko

Guys, who wants to be a topic lead?

me :rolleyes:

We have implemented sms-subscribtion model, check it on activation screen

When i click on Additional-License-Subscription it says "Subscription activation error. Your provider is not supported." Is this error known for the beta version?

Malfunctions:

1)Battery drain is confirmed! i need to charge my device every day!

2)Screen overlaps:

Steps: make a full scan-you can see the results screen to overlap in the upper-click on protection screen and you see the same

(sorry i took photo only from the protection screen but it was similar to the scan results screen)

post-83630-1281357772_thumb.png

Although i've tried to reproduce the problem many times, the situation haven't appeared again! only once!

I checked activation screen about subscribtion.

Viktor, can you provide more details about that new model?

Premium SMS isnt in Slovakia, I read something about subscribtion credit? :o

I'll check if Slovakia is supported. We use premium-sms mechanism

When i click on Additional-License-Subscription it says "Subscription activation error. Your provider is not supported." Is this error known for the beta version?

Your provider has not been added to our test-server, we will do it tomorrow

2)Screen overlaps:

Steps: make a full scan-you can see the results screen to overlap in the upper-click on protection screen and you see the same

(sorry i took photo only from the protection screen but it was similar to the scan results screen)

post-83630-1281357772_thumb.png

Although i've tried to reproduce the problem many times, the situation haven't appeared again! only once!

Very strange, but we will try to reproduce this issue

Very strange, but we will try to reproduce this issue

I've tried a lot times too but it haven't happened again :unsure:

Also in all scans, the total files scanned are about 13000. I remember in the CF2 version and before that the files that were scanned were around 3000-3500.

Was there any change in the scanner code or what? I can't figure out why such a big change!

To mention, the "Scanning object" shows some manila and /windows files being scanned that time!

To be more specific, the scan goes as this:

1)It starts and scans files like normally until around 3100 files

2)Then it shows a manila file for example asdasdasd-manila where "asd" are some random chars. Imediately the counter jumps from 3100 to 4000(or around that)

3)After that in a few seconds the counter go to nearly 12800 files while i see maybe 20 files scanned and not some "infinite" files passing under the "Scanning object"

4)In the end the scan completes as usual!

20 files are scanned as 10000 files? :blink:

Scanning speed is the same as before! 15mins

Tell me if you need anything more.

I've tried a lot times too but it haven't happened again :unsure:

Also in all scans, the total files scanned are about 13000. I remember in the CF2 version and before that the files that were scanned were around 3000-3500.

We count files in archives in this version

Component: Windows Live

This happens from the first beta of KMS. I haven't used <9 versions so i don't know what was going there!

KMS blocks the synchronization of Windows Live!

When i try to synchronize Windows Live i get notifications of blocking ip 65.55.161.252:50001

But after about 7 blocks Windows Live manages to synchronize.

Questions are:

1)Why KMS blocks a microsoft service?

2)Why after a few tries Windows Live manages to connect and synchronize! Does Kaspersky defense get disappeared after a while?

Does this mean that when someone tries to connect(hack) multiple times it will allow him after a few tries?

3)Why this only happens when i am in WiFi connection while it synchronizes just fine when i am in usb connection?

We count files in archives in this version

Good to hear! It's more realistic right now