Sign in to follow this  
andreasH

Update source using policies

Hello,

probably I am just too blind, but...

How do I change the update source of KAV WKS 6.0.4.1424 using policies (and AK 8.0)? I could not find the setting anywhere within the policy editor.

AFAIK, there are two ways of distributing updates to the clients. The first is a task created on the Admin Server and run when new Updates have been downloaded, the second is clients pulling updates in a regular interval. We'd like to use the second one for several reasons, but need to change the source first. I cannot change it on the client, it is blocked by policy, so it must be possible somehow.

Thank you,

Andreas

If policy on AK is available and active, local updatetask is set to 'manual'.

So you have to set the updatesources in the grouptask for updating workstations / servers in the administration kit.

Hi Andreas,

you want to use the local task? Right?

The local task is disabled if a group task are available. Why did you not use the first option? Please explain your reason.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.