Kis does not detect xxp://sharedbb.com/crack/crack.exe as malicious

Dangerous files are downloaded from this link which triger rootkit attacks....

The downloaded crack.exe is altered everyday so Kis fail to detect them

Block this link soon and update signatures...

File has been repetedly sent to analyzis but no use....

edit: link disabled.

Edited by richbuff

I would like to know how to click on URLs and have Kaspersky do a quick scan on them to detect if they are dangerous.

How do I do this?

Thanks,

Kathy

I would like to know how to click on URLs and have Kaspersky do a quick scan on them to detect if they are dangerous.

How do I do this?

Thanks,

Kathy

think it does it automatically

I send the file :crack.exe to the lab

I hope they gonna add the detection soon.

EDIT:And the answer like always : The file is in process.

Edited by agoni

to be honest if you're using or looking for crack files you are going to def encounter problems with malware from time to time

to be honest if you're using or looking for crack files you are going to def encounter problems with malware from time to time

Not A good reply it was used for testing purpose to test the efficiency of fully updated AV!!!!!

Whether we browse bad sites or cracks it is the responsibility of a good AV to protect us and for that only we make payments to them

Else use returnl without any AV......Thinks Good :b_lol1: :b_lol1:

Not A good reply it was used for testing purpose to test the efficiency of fully updated AV!!!!!

Whether we browse bad sites or cracks it is the responsibility of a good AV to protect us and for that only we make payments to them

Else use returnl without any AV......Thinks Good :b_lol1: :b_lol1:

It's certainly not the responsibility of an AV to protect someone silly enough to go to cracksites to find cracks for any product to avoid paying........including possibly for Kaspersky, i'm sure you can understand why this is not a great decision on Kaspersky's part if they did. Will they detect almost anything there? Yes, but not all at any time, no product does.

It's kind of hard to believe this is for testing an AV's efficiency and i can guarantee for the reasons above AV's will NOT protect you from anything in those sites ...... where an ordinary honest user has no place to be ... at any time so if you continue with this you will get infected. If it actually was an amateurs well meant trial to test his AV, then it was poor judgement and you will never be able to make any real meaningfull decision about the efficiency this way anyway, thats what you have professional testing houses to do that work on your behalf and even those will not show the full detectiorate btw.

The best decision you can make is to trust your AV to do it's job and then send anything you meet along the way to the lab for a checkup.

It's certainly not the responsibility of an AV to protect someone silly enough to go to cracksites to find cracks for any product to avoid paying........including possibly for Kaspersky, i'm sure you can understand why this is not a great decision on Kaspersky's part if they did. Will they detect almost anything there? Yes, but not all at any time, no product does.

It's kind of hard to believe this is for testing an AV's efficiency and i can guarantee for the reasons above AV's will NOT protect you from anything in those sites ...... where an ordinary honest user has no place to be ... at any time so if you continue with this you will get infected. If it actually was an amateurs well meant trial to test his AV, then it was poor judgement and you will never be able to make any real meaningfull decision about the efficiency this way anyway, thats what you have professional testing houses to do that work on your behalf and even those will not show the full detectiorate btw.

The best decision you can make is to trust your AV to do it's job and then send anything you meet along the way to the lab for a checkup.

Ha Ha I am impressed...

In my country one needs to shell out half his monthly salary to buy softwares like KIs etc etc still I am using the genuine version only because i am an ardent fan of Kaspersky...Pls dont underestimate others

What I meant was I upload the same file for analyzis at virustotal and many Avs promptly detect them!!!!but not Kaspersky...

The file itself is a trojan and I know the same too.....

My only wish is that our Kaspersky should not lag behind in any manner It should stand on Top....

Our Website Says.."Surf with Full Confidence" and saying it has no responsibility on all the sites are contradictory...

Ha Ha I am impressed...

In my country one needs to shell out half his monthly salary to buy softwares like KIs etc etc still I am using the genuine version only because i am an ardent fan of Kaspersky...Pls dont underestimate others

What I meant was I upload the same file for analyzis at virustotal and many Avs promptly detect them!!!!but not Kaspersky...

The file itself is a trojan and I know the same too.....

My only wish is that our Kaspersky should not lag behind in any manner It should stand on Top....

Our Website Says.."Surf with Full Confidence" and saying it has no responsibility on all the sites are contradictory...

It doesn't......and you can certainly surf with confidence. However when you deliberately go to known bad places on the net you put yourself at risk in the same way you put yourself at risk when you decide to go to a known bad place of your town......you know the police is present and mostly will be able to help, but if someone is targetting you (thats what happens when you go to a cracksite) then someone will get hurt because the police while present can't stand on any corner at any time and it's the same with AV's. Your first protection should always be sound judgement because no AV can protect the user against himself (9 out of 10 it's a male) and his habits.

The "test" you made is useless because at any given time you can upload such a piece of malware and get get an undetected item for any AV....stop wasting your time and let Kaspersky do their work and when you find something undetected send it to the lab and let that be it.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.