Midnite1

KIS 2011 Available When?, Where?, How to upgrade? how to Activate? Is it final?

Still may known issues and bugs........

will wait for the CF1......

Still may known issues and bugs........

will wait for the CF1......

...which again will come with known issues and bugs. If you've deduced the amount of issues from the release-notes, they only tell half of the story: neither do they cover all known issues neither do they tell that those mentioned issues will inevitably reflect on your system or if they're critical (many aren't). :)

Install it if you want to, don't let PR tell you what to do.

It will be available in August, according to USA site.

The difference in the software?

If I, being in the U.S., can download and install the software, what is the difference where I am located in the world?

Thanks, but what is the difference?

None other than it will available (marketed) officially in the US in.................................................................august. No support is available until marketed in that region.

None other than it will available (marketed) officially in the US in.................................................................august. No support is available until marketed in that region.

I found that out from the chat, but I can get help here in the forum, or not?

Yes, unless you continue to spam post.................................................. ;)

Yes, unless you continue to spam post.................................................. ;)

Sir, with all due respect, I am simply trying to figure out what to do with new version.

I am a paying customer, (five PC, three year license) and I am only trying to clarify my options, and to obtain some assistance.

The link for the US shows that KIS 2011 won't be released until August. Its also offering a free upgrade to purchasers of KIS 2010 to KIS2011. I saw on majorgeeks that 2011 was a final release, so when the beta key runs out, I guess I will have to revert to my registered KIS 2010. Can anybody clear this up? Great new features that I stumbled upon with KIS2010 such as rescan after infection, and the system restore feature after an infection to fix any errors from the infection. :cb_punk:

The link for the US shows that KIS 2011 won't be released until August. Its also offering a free upgrade to purchasers of KIS 2010 to KIS2011. I saw on majorgeeks that 2011 was a final release, so when the beta key runs out, I guess I will have to revert to my registered KIS 2010. Can anybody clear this up? Great new features that I stumbled upon with KIS2010 such as rescan after infection, and the system restore feature after an infection to fix any errors from the infection. :cb_punk:

No, in priciple you can download and install the 2011 release. However there is no support available until it is marketed in your region, for many this is not an issue, but those who know they will need support should wait until marketed IMO.

Whether you can see the actually 2011 installer at http://www.kaspersky.com/productupdates depends ....as it has always been the case (ok, since version 6.0! ;) ).....on where you live, new versions are not marketed in all markets from the same date, but instead over a couple of months so that support all around the world can be brought up to speed with the new version.

It's the regional offices that determine this with marketing. Also as usual you can use your 2010 code on 2011 even if it is not marketed yet in your region, you will not get immediate support though so if this is something you might require as a not too geeky user, i would recommend you stay with what you have installed until it is available in your region. Older code might have to contact support to get a new one......again this will only happen when it is available in your region.

To those that are going for 2011 immediately: Do yourself (& your pc) the favour and uninstall what you have now completely and reboot before installing 2011.

You're probably best off uninstalling (saving only activation data and anti-spam bases if you want), restarting and installing v2011.

Do not do an over-the-top installation (simply running the v2011 installer).

Hello guys

My question is in the topic description. Got 140 days left on this key and I want to have KIS 2011. Also, do you recommend complete uninstall of 2010 before installing 2011 as always or will an upgrade suffice?

Darcorn

in answer to available when and where specifically for UK users:

http://downloads.kaspersky-labs.com/

It is officially available from 8th July in United Kingdom but you can get it already from the address above which is an official directory of Kaspersky download servers. as previously stated in this thread though, you are on your own until 8th July should you choose to install it as technical support will not be available other than this forum.

hi all i can not get 2011 installer as the links seem to be broken, i have a valid licence but have not been able to use 2010 due to slowdowns and want to try 2011, does anyone have a link for 2011 which will work from the uk?

Hi,

I have a brand new license of Kav 2010 still not activated,question is : can I use its key for KAV 2011 installtion instead of 2010,or we must use 2010 keys just with 2010 ?

If I am not wrong I have had read something about maintining compatibility between the 2 version keys....

Thanks for clarifying

Alex

Hello, I have a license for KIS 2010. I want to use 2011. Would it be advisable to uninstall 2010, then install 2011 trial version and then use my 2010 license to continue with 2011? Does anyone know of a better (or the best) way to go from 2010 to 2011? Thanks, Dave

If I buy KIS 2010 at the end of it's version cycle, when 2011 comes out, is there a cost to get it? Or are the "year" upgrades provided free while a subscription is active?

I don't know whether to buy now or wait till August.

Thanks.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.