Sign in to follow this  
jhb

KAV 5.0.676 deploiement

Hi,

We have already installed KAV 5.0.528 and Network agent 5.0.1150 on our 1000 hosts network.

I downlaoded the new release of KAV and want to deploy it using the Admin kit. I've created a package containing KAV and add /SILENT as a command line to execute on remote host, but when the package is installed, the user is asked several question.

How can we automate this installation, since we are not using Active Directory ?

It would be a pity if we had to manually install this release on every host ...

Thank you for your reply.

Hi jhb,

you have created the package with this exe-file.

Please unpack this exe-file before you create the package. You will be asks for a kpd-file.

Helmut

I tend to install it on a clean machine (or as clean as possible) and goto the hard disk file share. The KPD file can be found at C:\kav\WinWorkstation\english on any machine on which it is installed.

Thank you for your replies

I found the .pkd file and create an installation "package" with it (I choose to install the 5.0.1152 network agent with it).

but, when I tried to install it on several station different problem occur :

The stations with 'old' network agent (ie < 5.0.1150) remove KAV and still in error

Stations with recent network agent (5.0.1150) do nothing ...

It seems like it was impossible to update the network agent and after to install KAV 5.0.676...

I make sure the network agent is installed before I try and deploy the latest KAV version. At least that way I know in advance that the machine is ready for deployment. Makes diagnosing faults easier.

Edited by ScottV

Administration Kit version 5.0.1150 had some 'issues' with software upgrades of workstation version. So it's advisable to update to admin kit version 5.0.1152.

Then deploy the network agent v5.0.1152 again to your clients.

And please make sure to create a correct installation package for the workstation. The software you download from the internet is 1 .exe file. But if you start the installation (just start the .exe), the first thing is ask you 'where do you want to extract files'?

Normally this is in c:\kav\workstation\english\

When the files are extracted to this directory, you can use it to add a new distribution package to your administration kit 'Remote Install'.

Thank you Jan

I did this (update Admin kit to 5.0.1152 and then tried to just update the network agent). But, every host failed to update

If you open the task and then goto history, click on one of the failed machines select the top event. It should give more details on why it failed.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.