Kav 6 300

Trial Ver

When the initial full (My Computer) scan was done it scanned over 350,000 files.

2nd, 3rd, and 4th scan were about 75,000 files.

Problem is I DONT have scan new and unchanged files checked.

Why is it acting like that is what it is doing? It should always scan the plus 300k files?????

Edit: Forgot to also say ALL FILES is checked.

Edited by GuruGuy

Hello. What's the time frame between the scans?

Even if scan and new changed files isn't checked the pc scan still uses iswift and ichecker so not all the files will be rescanned until you perofrm a few updates.

Just a few minutes.

If that's the case, what's the point in having the settings to check new and unchanged files only? Makes no sense whatsoever!

If I tell it ALL FILES and don't have new and unchanged checked, then I expect it to scan all files as I have selected.

Edited by GuruGuy

yes it does, that will only last until the next update.

If the new and changed files option is enabled, only some files will get rescanned in addition to new and changed files. This is done by an algortim so some files can get rescanned after a week, some after a month and so on. This option is not related to the update of the bases.

The point is I DON'T have that option enabled and I DO have ALL files checked....so why is it not working according to what I have selected?

ALL files checked

Scan New and Changed is NOT checked

However, it is not checking all files each time a scan is run

GuruGuy

If you absolutely want everything scanned everytime then you need to uncheck iSwift, iChecker & scan new and unchanged files only, but i wouldn't, i would keep iSwift, iChecker enabled, the speed drops too much IMO, your choice of course.

GuruGuy

If you absolutely want everything scanned everytime then you need to uncheck iSwift, iChecker & scan new and unchanged files only, but i wouldn't, i would keep iSwift, iChecker enabled, the speed drops too much IMO, your choice of course.

On a weekly scan why would you not want to scan all files, regardless of whether or not they are new or unchanged? Same principle....it doesn't work according to the settings that I have checked. Very plain and simple.......if I say ALL files then it should override anything else.

If you scan weekly then it's ok all files will be scanned. The files are skipped only  if the scans are performed close to another (up to let's say 2 hours)

then that's another question that I have.....

WHY?

I don't specify that anywere! I said ALL files..........I didn't say only if it's 2 hours apart, etc.

What is up with this? I'm not liking the new KAV and will go back to NOD.

then that's another question that I have.....

WHY? 

I don't specify that anywere!  I said ALL files..........I didn't say only if it's 2 hours apart, etc. 

What is up with this?  I'm not liking the new KAV and will go back to NOD.

Whats so difficult to understand about this? I mean if unchecking one box is such a big problem, then by all means return to Nod, it's not like you pc will get infected with iSwift enabled and if you don't like it, you can uncheck it, it's an option and actually Kaspersky was critized for not having enough options in version 5.0, now when they are there it's also a problem!

Whats so difficult to understand about this? I mean if unchecking one box is such a big problem, then by all means return to Nod, it's not like you pc will get infected with iSwift enabled and if you don't like it, you can uncheck it, it's an option and actually Kaspersky was critized for not having enough options in version 5.0, now when they are there it's also a problem!

Gee Don, I don't know. What IS so difficult to understand about this:

I have SCAN ALL files checked.

I do NOT have new and changed files checked.

However, it is only scanning new and changed files.........GEE, this is NOT what I told it to do? Anyone see a problem here?

So iswift and ichecker apparently override EVERY setting. So again, what's the point in having them?

You clearly do not understand how they work.

1. Scan your system and iSwift will map the HD, until the next sig update, only files changed wil be scanned.......whats the point in scanning files you already know are clean, as soon as an sig update is made they will get scanned again.

iSwift & "scan new and changed files only" are two different settings, thats works together when both are enabled.

2. You actually have the option to uncheck/disable them, so whats the problem?

You clearly do not understand how they work.

1. Scan your system and iSwift will map the HD, until the next sig update, only files changed wil be scanned.......whats the point in scanning files you already know are clean, as soon as an sig update is made they will get scanned again.

iSwift & "scan new and changed files only" are two different settings, thats works together when both are enabled.

2. You actually have the option to uncheck/disable them, so whats the problem?

So you've confirmed that it doesn't matter whether or not I have ALL files checked....the iswift will override it. Then what is the point in any of those settings if the advanced settings override it anyway?

I do understand the algorithym behind this, however, the settings make no sense to the "average" user. If they check all files, then that is what they think they are getting.

So you've confirmed that it doesn't matter whether or not I have ALL files checked....the iswift will override it.  Then what is the point in any of those settings if the advanced settings override it anyway? 

I do understand the algorithym behind this, however, the settings make no sense to the "average" user.  If they check all files, then that is what they think they are getting.

It is what they are getting, only iSwift is in use when using the default on-demand settings and only in between updates are only the changed files scanned, not exactly a bad idea since there is no chance of infection since they haven't changed, otherwise all files are scanned, so no reason to worry about the average user because he/she will be no less protected, which should be the important thing.

I have a little question for full scan.

I install KIS6.0 on the new pc with windows xp sp2.

After that, I update database and do scan my computer.

It takes about 30 mins.

Then I do scan my computer again. It only takes only 1 mins.

I think it can finish so quick because iSwift and ichecker.

So, I do one more test. I just update av database then do scan my computer again.

This time, it takes about 30 mins.

Conclusion, I believe the iChecker and iSwift can improve scanning speed, but if we have updated the database then scanning speed trun to normal again.

I'm not sure because I miss some settins or not. Just for sharing my experience.

I have a little question for full scan.

I install KIS6.0 on the new pc with windows xp sp2.

After that, I update database and do scan my computer.

It takes about 30 mins.

Then I do scan my computer again.  It only takes only 1 mins.

I think it can finish so quick because iSwift and ichecker.

So, I do one more test.  I just update av database then do scan my computer again.

This time, it takes about 30 mins.

Conclusion, I believe the iChecker and iSwift can improve scanning speed, but if we have updated the database then scanning speed trun to normal again.

I'm not sure because I miss some settins or not.  Just for sharing my experience.

You got it! Neat approach, eh? ;)

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.