Sign in to follow this  
alex N

Is there Any Working Kaspersky Rescue CD?

First of all. I want to give my admiration to Kaspersky Lab team for developing such a wonderful security software. I love Kaspersky. Because I am so impressed with Kaspersky, I have been looking for a rescue disk since the last few months. I have downloaded and tested many but all of them don't work. I have seen another post which also show that the rescue CD is not working or has problem.

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=133212

http://forum.kaspersky.com/lofiversion/ind...hp/t145547.html

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showt...p;#entry1200894

http://forum.kaspersky.com/lofiversion/ind...hp/t110903.html

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showt...p;#entry1102932

Is there any working new version or any plan to make the Rescue CD as flawless as the main application?

Thanks!

Edited by Mechie

What exactly is not working for you?

Most of them show black screen when booted with the rescue cd. One shows the following text and nothing happens no matter how long you wait. Here is the text that I see when I boot with the CD.

System Type : 0x0 Sector count: 0x18 Load RBA: 0x8A Boot type: 0= No Emulation

_

Then it stops here.

This thread explains the problem of the resucue disk more.

http://www.techmixer.com/kaspersky-rescue-disk-load-kaspersky-antivirus-2009-using-dos/

This thread explains the problem of the resucue disk more.

http://www.techmixer.com/kaspersky-rescue-disk-load-kaspersky-antivirus-2009-using-dos/

That seems to be for the old 2009 Rescue Disk. Are you using the one you download using 2010?

Sorry for the double post. It seems this topic is no that interesting form Kaspersky lab even though it need attention. Sadly, I have to say the quality of the Rescue CD doesn't match with KIS or KAV. The Rescue CDs don't even rescue as it is unbootable. Creating a bootable Rescue CD is not such a difficult task so, I would be glad if Kaspersky Lab get transparent on this and fix the problem of the rescue CD.

Nobody is ignoring the problem its just that this a user forum :)

But I will never the less pass it along.

Nobody is ignoring the problem its just that this a user forum :)

But I will never the less pass it along.

Thank you Wizard for being around. I am very confident that rescue cd is too easy to do for Kaspersky lab, it is just a matter of time but it would be good for the name of Kaspersky to fix the issue soon. The longer the problem continues unfixed the more customers will be unhappy.

Edited by Mechie

Just a reminder. Could someone who make the rescue CD talk about it here. I have seen Kaspersky development project manager posting in this forum. Where are they now?

Most of them show black screen when booted with the rescue cd. One shows the following text and nothing happens no matter how long you wait. Here is the text that I see when I boot with the CD.

System Type : 0x0 Sector count: 0x18 Load RBA: 0x8A Boot type: 0= No Emulation

_

Then it stops here.

Sounds as though your BIOS does not support booting off the KRD. Are you getting to the screen where it says "Press Enter to boot from Kaspersky Rescue Disk" or similar?

Sounds as though your BIOS does not support booting off the KRD. Are you getting to the screen where it says "Press Enter to boot from Kaspersky Rescue Disk" or similar?

I didn't test the Rescue disk on single PC. I tried it on many PC of different model and it only shows blank screen or some dos text and it stops responding. I have never seen any thing close to "Press Enter to boot from Kaspersky Rescue Disk".

Yes, what models/motherboards is this not working?

How did you burn the image to disc? You must use something such as ISO Recorder to burn it, simply copying the ISO file as data is not enough, nor can you extract it and then burn it.

Hello!

I didn't test the Rescue disk on single PC. I tried it on many PC of different model and it only shows blank screen or some dos text and it stops responding. I have never seen any thing close to "Press Enter to boot from Kaspersky Rescue Disk".

Actually, the Rescue Disk has to show at least the message "Kaspersky Rescue Disk" with a version number and the prompt "boot:". If you don't see this, it is not a problem with the Rescue Disk, this is a problem of hardware/media/iso image(corrupted?)/burning software (according to my expirience, it is the media problem). The Rescue Disk contains quite stable bootloader - ISOLINUX , it has to boot on many of hardware configurations.

Best regards,

santucco

Whom in particular?

Yes, what models/motherboards is this not working?

Thank you Whizard and Knight Captain for the help. :bf:

My laptop is HP Pavilion DV4

HP motherboard

bios - insyde

Hard disk type - Sata

And mind you this the same for all hp DV2, DV3, DV4, DV5, Dv6, ... laptop models, and I will be surprised if it work in any new hp PCs. I have tried it on Acer notebook and HCL desktop PCs but I didn't check their mother board, etc.

How did you burn the image to disc? You must use something such as ISO Recorder to burn it, simply copying the ISO file as data is not enough, nor can you extract it and then burn it.

And I normally use PowerISO to burn ISO images. And yes, when I open the Rescue CD/ISO, PowerISO tell me it is a bootable image. What I down is download the ISO open it with power ISO and burn it. In all the three cases, the rescue cd didn't say anything. Just a blinking cursor. What I posted on post number 3 is not from the rescue cd but a software called EasyBCD, which can add an ISO on boot manager and enable to boot from it. That is a default message that comes from the software till the ISO start to boot.

Hello!

Actually, the Rescue Disk has to show at least the message "Kaspersky Rescue Disk" with a version number and the prompt "boot:". If you don't see this, it is not a problem with the Rescue Disk, this is a problem of hardware/media/iso image(corrupted?)/burning software (according to my expirience, it is the media problem). The Rescue Disk contains quite stable bootloader - ISOLINUX , it has to boot on many of hardware configurations.

Best regards,

santucco

Thank you santucco for the help. :bf:

I download Kaspersky Rescue CD many times and there is no change, so it is hard to say the ISO is corrupted.

I have a working CD drive and a working CD burner too. This take us to the CD/DVD drive. It works well and it burns upto double layer DVD and I install Operating system using the CD and I had no problem of booting from DVD.

Edited by Mechie

Burn the cd with kaspersky rescue disk on another computer...that solved same problem to me

PM the developer directly. Its your best chance.

I would be glad to do that. Would you give me the address of the developer or PM me?

Burn the cd with kaspersky rescue disk on another computer...that solved same problem to me

Thanks zeliko :ay: , ok I will do that even though I said I have no problem with other bootable ISOs if burned. And Easy BCD removes the need for cds but the ISO couldn't still boot, so I don't thing there will be any difference with another PC. Do you have a working Kaspersky rescue cd now?

Good News :cb_punk: :ay: :bravo: :bv: I got a working Kaspersky Rescue Disk, just downloaded directly from Kaspersky Internet Security 2010. As I have said, the eariler ISOs don't work but the 2010 one works perfectly. I have tested it and it already gave life to two already dead PCs. :bravo:

Thank you everyone for the help. :beer:

Hello!

I got a working Kaspersky Rescue Disk, just downloaded directly from Kaspersky Internet Security 2010. As I have said, the eariler ISOs don't work but the 2010 one works perfectly.

I glad for you :).

Can you tell me, where did you get the RD early? KIS 2010 takes the same disk placed in http://devbuilds.kaspersky-labs.com/devbuilds/RescueDisk/

Best regards,

santucco

Hello!

I glad for you :).

Can you tell me, where did you get the RD early? KIS 2010 takes the same disk placed in http://devbuilds.kaspersky-labs.com/devbuilds/RescueDisk/

Best regards,

santucco

I got it from here.

http://devbuilds.kaspersky-labs.com/devbui...rescue_2008.iso

I have downloaded maybe three times and there was no success. How could it work when I download it through KIS 2010? <_<

Edited by Mechie

I have downloaded maybe three times and there was no success. How could it work when I download it through KIS 2010? <_<

Be sure you don't just copy the iso to the disk as data. I suppose it depends on your particular applications, but I just right-clicked on the downloaded iso and chose "Burn iso" and created the boot disk.

What application are you burning the CD with? Also what is your MD5 and SHA1 checksums of the ISO file once downloaded?

Slick1983 bumped up a 14 month old topic and posted a broken quote, too. Please do not do that anymore. Topic closed. :)