• Announcements

• Rodion Nagornov

Долгое сохранение сообщений || Delays while posting (click here to read the full text RU/EN)   09/20/2017

Due to some technical reasons visual delays are possible while message sending. Actually your message is published immediately - just interface works long. In such case, please, do not re-send your message immediately! Press F5 to reload the page and check if your message/topic is published. || По техническим причинам возможно визуально долгое отправление сообщений на форуме. Фактически ваше сообщение публикуется мгновенно - долго отрабатывает графика. В случае подобной ситуации, пожалуйста, сначала обновите страницу (F5) и проверьте, появилось ли ваше сообщение. Не пытайтесь сразу отправить его заново.
dancamvet

Steam problem

Hi there,

I'm running my windows Vista laptop and as of a few days (01/12/09 i believe) ago Steam (games digital download etc. programme) started to have issues. When i booted my laptop and attempted to run Steam i would get an error message indicating the the Steam.exe file was missing. The computer would then use the original install file to recover the programme and Steam would boot up after the subsequent updates to the programme had been installed. I also completely unistalled and reinstalled the application and this hasn't helped. Today i received several messages indicating that this was exhibiting Trojan-like behaviour. This has got me slightly worried as this issue is a recent development.

I ran a Kaspersky virus scan of the drive partition in question and this reported no issues. I've also included a copy of the proactive defense report and application report, the detected > active threats list is empty.

I'm currently doing an Adaware scan (not sure if that's going to do much) and i'm going to try restarting in safe mode and trying kaspersky again after that.

I was wondering whether this is a know issue or whether it is something nasty, i'm generally fairly careful about what i do with my computer but we all make errors i suppose. If it is a known issue i can worry less.

Any help would be appreciated.

DCV

post-241463-1260297664_thumb.jpg

post-241463-1260297701_thumb.jpg

It is a behavoural detection and as long as it is installed from the original CD or an installer from a legitimate source (no pirated/downloaded from unofficial sources/illegal copies), Add it to Trusted.... Open Kaspersky, click MySecurityZone - Applications... select "Restricted" in the dropdown list.

Right-click any application reated to Steam or your game and select ChangeStatus - Trusted.

Do this to each application.

(I presume steamtmp.exe will be in the list).

Aye, a Steam tech also suggested this and it seems to have worked. Did give my system a clean-up and no problems reported. Apparently it is an issue Steam are aware of between the programme and Kaspersky occasionally. Have got it sorted now, thanks for the response.