dynamo

Admin Kit 8.0.2048 Unable to Download Updates

Over the past few days, Admin Kit 8.0.2048 hasn't been downloading updates to the repository. At first, I figured there was a bad connection and didn't pay too much attention to it. However, it's now been 6 days since the last update was downloaded successfully and it is now of some concern. When the update is scheduled to run, it proceeds, but never completes; in fact, it appears to run for hours at a time, but accomplishes nothing. When the next scheduled update runs, it complains that the update process is already running. There are also no events in either the Admin Kit or the Windows Event Viewer that would suggest a problem. Up until about an hour ago, the updates were at least in a running state; now when I manually run the task, its status never gets past "scheduled".

At first, I wondered if the whole problem was related to a connectivity issue with our content filter/proxy server, but this doesn't appear to be the case, as the KAV console on the server running the admin kit is downloading directly from Kaspersky and its updates are current as of today. Plus, no changes in the configuration have been made to the content filter/proxy server in quite a while and was never an issue in the past.

Another thing that may be of relevance is the Up2date.exe process. It's fluctuating at about 50% CPU usage (seems pretty high) even when the updating task is stopped. However, I'm not sure if this related to the situation as I'm not aware of how the Admin Kit uses this process.

Any help to resolve this situation would be much appreciated.

- Please stop this task

- delete the process if it's not exited automatically

- delete the update task for the administration kit

- create new task and check, if the problem still persists.

This worked perfectly! Thanks for your help.

- Please stop this task

- delete the process if it's not exited automatically

- delete the update task for the administration kit

- create new task and check, if the problem still persists.

Hello,

i've followed your instructions, but it didn't help at all.

The download stucks at 'http://dnl-12.geo.kaspersky.com/bases/av/avc/i386/avpcure1.dll', Clients get a connection through the same Proxy / Port and are able to download all Updates.

with best regards...

Of course, its in german :unsure:

Status Uhrzeit Beschreibung Registrierungszeit

Wird ausgeführt Dienstag, 24. November 2009 14:33:51 Fehler beim Dateidownload 'http://dnl-10.geo.kaspersky.com/bases/av/avc/i386/avpcure1.dll'. Dieser Fehler tritt üblicherweise auf, wenn die Verbindung nicht stabil ist oder wenn die Einstellungen der Netzwerkverbindung falsch sind. Problemlösung: Überprüfen Sie die Einstellungen der Netzwerkverbindung, die Verfügbarkeit der Quelle für Datenbankupdates sowie die Auflistung der Updatequellen. Danach starten Sie das Update noch einmal. Wenn das Problem wieder auftreten sollte, dann schicken Sie bitte den Tracelog der Updatekomponente an den Technischen Support. Dienstag, 24. November 2009 14:33:52

Wird ausgeführt Dienstag, 24. November 2009 14:32:52 Proxy-Server wird benutzt 'proxy.bla.bla:xyz'. Dienstag, 24. November 2009 14:32:57

Wird ausgeführt Dienstag, 24. November 2009 14:32:52 Quelle für Datenbankupdates wurde gewählt 'http://dnl-10.geo.kaspersky.com/'. Dienstag, 24. November 2009 14:32:57

How can i log a trace of the updater?

How can i log a trace of the updater?

http://support.kaspersky.com/de/faq/?qid=207620235

Can someone please translate task history from German to English? :-)

Google Translate rules. Does the file name always the same in error msg? If not then you've got connection problems, I can't help.

If it's always the same - can you access this file using your browser?

I only have to post "$klserver-1093.log" and "$Up2Date-1093.log" to the guys at Kaspersky Lab?

€dith: Its the proxy!

IWSS Security Event (proxy)

Access to this URL is currently restricted due to a blocking rule.

URL: http://dnl-10.geo.kaspersky.com/bases/av/a...86/avpcure1.dll

Rule: Block URLs of type Virus infected temporary block

If you feel you have reached this message in error, please contact your network administrator.

Kind of strange, huh? The Admin of it will be here next week, so every client has to download ist per the Internet.

The only question for me is now: Why the clients can be updated and the admin kit itself not?

(Uhh my english is getting worst, sorry)

Edited by Föni

A litttle workaround.

active on one client the copy option and select as destination the share from admin server \\x.x.x.x\klshare\updates.

Then only one client downloads the updates and all other are updating over this share.

After editing security-rules for Windows, it works. I only have to find a Server, a MP3 Wk and a MP4 Wk, which will be turned on 24/7 :)

I guess we won't need it after editing permissions in proxy, so far. Thanks!

Hätten wir auch im deutschen Forum schaffen können oder? ;)

I unfortunately have to use this thread because we have the same problem with v2090.

I made a new Admin Kit v2090 installation (no update!!) on a W2003 SP2 (non-R2) server.

But the update task fails 9 from 10 times.

I deleted the update task and made a new one. Problem wasn't fixed.

Furthermore I deleted the whole update folder. KLSHARE folder rights are set to "modify".

It seems that there are some connection problems with the http download sources?!

Early in the morning the update task worked from source "ftp://downloads4.kaspersky-labs.com"

I checked the ISA Firewall. Rules are ok. ISA isn't blocking any traffic regarding Kaspersky updates.

The productive Admin Kit v1710 is running with same settings without any problems.

I cannot understand, why the update task runs one time activated manually and within the second try it fails?!?

I would be very happy if somebody could help me.

Thanks in advance

Johannes

post-76969-1269952947_thumb.png

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.