I've been using TinyURL.com for years to shorten long URLs. I use Firefox, and have a toolbar button that automatically converts a long URL to a TinyURL. Today, for the first time, KIS 2009 is blocking access to automatically creating TinyURLs.

Why would this problem happen all of a sudden? More importantly, what can I do to fix it?

Thanks!

This is no good for me either. I use that service a lot with friends and blocking it is enough of a nuiscance to make me consider a different antivirus solution. Please look this flaw over.

Respectfully

Kris

I sent a request about this issue to Kaspersky Virus Lab. They replied that this is a false positive and it will be fixed in the next update.

Edited by novice12

I sent a request about this issue to Kaspersky Virus Lab. They replied that this is a false positive and it will be fixed in the next update.

Excellent information. Thanks for the follow-up!

You are welcome. Anyway, if KAV/KIS displays again in the future a warning about a file or a website and you think that this a FP, you can get in contact with Kaspersky Virus Lab here: http://support.kaspersky.com/virlab/helpdesk.html.

I checked TinyURL.com this morning, and everything seems to be OK. Thanks for letting Kaspersky know about the problem. It seems to be fixed.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.