So...does anyone use the Kaspersky anti-spam and make it work? We're running Internet Security 2010, and we find it to be unusable. It simply slaps the [!! SPAM] label on too many messages, including messages to company mailboxes, support email addresses, etc., and then these messages get junked by the typical email client. Setting the spam rate at the lowest possible setting (1) doesn't help. Others don't help either: there's a whitelist for sender addresses but nothing for destination addresses. Turning off the adding of SPAM and POSSIBLE SPAM in the subject line is the only thing that helps. Is it even worth bothering to have this enabled?

So...does anyone use the Kaspersky anti-spam and make it work? We're running Internet Security 2010, and we find it to be unusable. It simply slaps the [!! SPAM] label on too many messages, including messages to company mailboxes, support email addresses, etc., and then these messages get junked by the typical email client. Setting the spam rate at the lowest possible setting (1) doesn't help. Others don't help either: there's a whitelist for sender addresses but nothing for destination addresses. Turning off the adding of SPAM and POSSIBLE SPAM in the subject line is the only thing that helps. Is it even worth bothering to have this enabled?

I've used KIS for the last couple of years now and the anti-spam is fine. It gets the odd one wrong now and again but seems pretty good all in. The messages don't get junked; it copies them to the Deleted folder for me and then I have a quick eyeball. Not sure how else anti spam could work...!

It does start off pretty poor, but soon gets better as you train it on both good and spam emails. Have you changed any of the defaultanti-spam settings? I have set my "consider as spam" rating to 51 and that seems to work well. I wonder if yours is set too high?

It does start off pretty poor, but soon gets better as you train it on both good and spam emails. Have you changed any of the defaultanti-spam settings? I have set my "consider as spam" rating to 51 and that seems to work well. I wonder if yours is set too high?

I just took the defaults. It really is over the top -- not talking about emails to an individual here, but to a support address, for example, which aliases to several individuals. It seems to have a big hate on for stuff like that, and those are emails we can't afford to get trashed (not even gently placed in some "goodness me, this looks like it might be spam!" folder -- what good is a support email address if your support people don't know they've got new mail?). It's nice in theory, and I'm sure it works well if the only email you receive is addressed directly to you, but I think I'll have to discontinue use of this "feature".

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.