hi

i'm trying out the trial version of KISS as i'm fed up with zone alarm (ZASS) performance issues like slow logins and web site lockups. and KISS is on special offer at the moment (about half the price of ZASS).

so far i'm impressed at the speed improvement with KISS. my computer is starting, running, and shutting down quicker than it was with ZASS.

but, the only annoyance which is starting to drive me nuts is the high number of pop up alerts and questions i get from KISS. if i install a new program KISS asks about 10-15 questions during the install and first launch. it asks "should it do this", "should it do that", "is it ok to access the hard disk", "is it ok to change the registry", is it ok to access my documents", "is it ok to access the internet"... bla bla bla. :(

is there a way to reduce the number of pop ups and make it more automatic and intelligent like ZASS? if so i will probably buy KISS otherwise i'll be looking around for something else.

thanks.

:)

Edited by GogoPogo

hello,

are you in automatic mode or interactive mode on you settings ?

In automaic mode you won't get any pop ups

In automaic mode you won't get any pop ups

thanks for the replies. :)

ok. i checked protection settings and indeed interactive protection defaults to NOT select action automatically.

but looking at the "recommended" actions that i have seen popping up i did notice that the "automatic" action is often wrong, so my programs will probably not work properly because KISS is bad at working out what to do. :(

if only the decision making was as good as ZASS... oh well i've still got a few more days trial time left to see if i can tolerate it...

Post a screenshot of the popups you're receiving and a screenshot of the Low restricted Application Filtering list. :)

basically its the hips module which analyses new apps/installs to make sure they are not malware or behaving in a malware like manner,it allows you to set parameters on permissions etc of things you have running on your PC,once set for new apps you won't get asked again(generally:-you can if there is an update to the monitored program)

I always run any security app in an interactive mode:-I'd rahter have the "pop-ups" than something be deleted automatically that's a false+ve and be a app critical or worse a system critical file!

Edited by steve195527

Hello,

When I am in interactive mode there are a few question KIS ask about allowing the program and if I want to add it to trusted applications as long as I don't reset my network list again after wards (in the application under control) it is not popping up anymore. I do have my KIS settings configured in my application under control under network set to prompt for action after I allow it it switches to a mixed state under the network list , these setting I mentioned are not this way by default by the way.

But if I do reset the network list back to prompt it will ask me again just like the first time which by the way I do reset it back this way some as also mentioned by others I do not mind a few pop ups .

B)

Edited by charlesT

...I'd rahter have the "pop-ups" than something be deleted automatically that's a false+ve...

:ay: yes i agree.

i guess it's ok for technical people. i do feel sorry for the majority of non-technical users as kaspersky must be quite a nightmare for them. for example, instead of saying "internet" which everybody can relate to, it says "public network". the terminology is not very user friendly.

:ay: yes i agree.

i guess it's ok for technical people. i do feel sorry for the majority of non-technical users as kaspersky must be quite a nightmare for them. for example, instead of saying "internet" which everybody can relate to, it says "public network". the terminology is not very user friendly.

KIS is very quiet in auto mode and most normal users will not expierence any problems.... it says public network because if you connect somewhere...you are not always connecting directly to the internet, but to a network (which is either public, or a private one that you trust...hence the "public" thing)

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.