mlpotgieter

KAS Anti-Spam 3.0 allowing spam through

We have migrated our client from Symantec to Kaspersky. They are using Domino Notes and because Kaspersky do not yet support anti-spam on Notes we decided to use the dedicated Anti-Spam 3.0 on a linux server.

When we tested initially everything worked well but over the past couple of weeks more and more spam is making it into their mailboxes. I have configured Anti-Spam as strict as possible, added several other RBLS with scoring on 100, enabled SURBL and UDS which all seem to be working when I inspect the log files.

I was suprised that KAS Anti-Spam does not support greylisting as I have used greylisting successfully before. Am I missing some configuration somewhere? If I can not resolve this problem is it possible to add a greylisting component to postfix with KAS Anti-spam running aswell?

Platform is Centos 5.2 with the postfix that ships with the distro.

Any help is appreciated.

martin

First of all. CentOS is not in the list of supported platforms.

For how long time have you got anything working okay?

May be this just an issue of licensing, when KAS detected that the licensing limits are over and switched off therefore?

Can you send me some samples of the spam messages (in an archive, as .eml format with all headers and bodies) that was not detected, so that antispam analysts can verify them at their environment?

Do you know as well that KL helpdesk is your best friend in case of problems with our products? ;)

Finally, there is no needs to add greylisting module into KAS, just because one can simply install the postgrey software into postfix directly and use it along with KAS on the same mailing system.

Thanks for the reply, I know Centos 5.2 is not offically supported but I read in various forums that people are having success with distros that are not offically supported. Most of the officially supported OS's are very old and some are not supported by the developers anymore (ie Redhat 9.0, fedora core3 etc.)

This has been working for about 2 months fine.. without any crashing etc. Only problem is the spam starting to come through in the past 3-4 weeks.

I am pretty sure it is not a licensing issue as I have not seen anything regarding that in the log files. I will try and get some spam messages that passed through and send them on to you.

I do use the Helpdesk sometimes but often find very good support here in the forums so I normally try here first.

I will be happy if we can get KAS antispam stopping all spam email without adding greylisting.

First of all. CentOS is not in the list of supported platforms.

May I ask an ugly question then, also considering your signature?

The list of system requirements for KAS3 contains only the following reference to RHEL:

RedHat Enterprise Linux Advanced Server 3

Do you really want to say that Kaspersky Lab will not support KAS3 on RHEL4 and RHEL5?

The list of system requirements for KAS3 contains only the following reference to RHEL:

Do you really want to say that Kaspersky Lab will not support KAS3 on RHEL4 and RHEL5?

Nope, I cannot say that KL will not support KAS on RHEL4 and RHEL5, neither I said this.

I would say that Kaspersky Lab does not support those distros for current version of KAS.

P.S. Or even better - those distros are not in the list of the supported platforms for the current version of KAS 3.0.

It's more close to the real situation - since for those distros you also may receive support depending on concrete case.

This (current list of supported distros) also does not mean that KAS will not work on newer ones.

The absence of a newer distro in the list of supported distros simply means that this new distro has not been involved into official internal testing during application release.

Sorry for answering a question with a quote of somebody else, but I like that answer ;)

The list of officially supported platforms designates the platforms that were used during official application testing phase.

KAS 3.0 MP1 was released couple of years ago, there was no SLES 10 at that time yet. Since that release, some Critical Fixes were released. Usually, the list of supported platforms is not renewed during preparation of a KL Critical Fix release, since this kind of release consists mostly of fixes for critical and moderate problems found. Changing the list of the supported platforms requies more significant testing efforts including changing in the set of test benches. So this is usually planned for a KL MP release. There was no MP releases yet for KAS 3.0 after KAS 3.0 MP1.

I think you may substitue SLES10 with RHEL4+5 ;)

Sorry for answering a question with a quote of somebody else, but I like that answer ;)

I think you may substitue SLES10 with RHEL4+5 ;)

Thanks, exactly same answer, as you see. ;)

I guess, those couple of issues (about meaning of the distros in the list of the supported platforms in the system requirements and a question about a newer distro should be better added into our knowledge base)

hi mlpotgieter,

please check your PM for some preliminary results...

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.