Sign in to follow this  
Steve Burkett

KAV Admin Kit: Groups organisation

Hi guys,

Okay, wanting to tidy up our Groups here. We've got 5 domains on seperate forests. I would like to have the groups folder looks like:

Groups

--Policies

--Tasks

--London

--New York

--Dusseldorf

--Singapore

--Sydney

And have the London server as the master, the others as slaves. I can create Groups so that this is what it looks like in the Groups list. And I can add in administraton servers to each Group.

But I can't get clients to appear listed in the right pane when you click on the group heading, only London does this as I guess it is the admin server that I'm connected to and didn't need to have an administration server added in.

At the moment to see the Dusseldorf clients I have to drill down like:

Groups

--Policies

--Tasks

--London

--New York

--Dusseldorf

------Policies

------Tasks

------Administration server - dus-kav-01

-----------Protection Status

-----------Network Domains

-----------Groups

---------------Policies

---------------Tasks

---------------Administration Servers

---------------------DUSDomain <--- Click on that to get the clients shown

--Singapore

--Sydney

This is messy!

How can I make it so that I can click on the Dusseldorf folder and get a list of the clients in Dusseldorf? I can't seem to drag and drop clients to that folder, only to the Groups on the Administration server under that folder.

Any help? Just want to simplify things and reduce the clutter!

Hi Steve.

Does all group have it's own adminkit? I mean as a slave server. The way i see it, Dusseldorf is a slave server and other group are at the master server. All group got own server and different ip? If that so, i guess netagent for client at Dusseldorf are pointing to Dusseldorf server.

And others are pointing to the master server.

If you wish to do like the one you want, I suggest you change the Dusseldorf client netagent ip pointing to master server ip. Hope it will help.

:)

lolipok

Yes, each group currently has it's own admin kit, London being the master, the others the slaves. All groups have own servers and seperate IP subnets. Clients in each subnet communicate with the admin kit in their subnet.

I was hoping to cut traffic down across the WAN by having clients only talking to the admin kit in each subnet (kind of like Mike's prob) and thought this is a logical way of doing it.

Why the need to have access to clients buried 4 nesting levels deeper then necessary?

Anyone from Kaspersky care to share a quick Knowledge Base article on how you have your Admin Kit set up for a master server in one location and a couple of slave servers in another?

Hi Steve.

The one i know, if every group has its own server and adminkit, it will be like Dussedorf. Have you check the netagent for client at New York group where it pointing at? Is it pointing at master server or New York server?

lolipok

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.