Happy Easter everybody

I keep getting a message "Database obsolete, update now".

When I click on start update it appears to download, but the message keeps returning, no matter how many times i try to update the new database.

I have just downloaded and installed version 8.0.0.056 and get exactly the same problem.

Incidentally, what is the latest version?

Can anyone tell me how to resolve this please.

Regards,

Ron S

Edited by webcommerce

Happy Easter everybody

I keep getting a message "Database obsolete, update now".

When I click on start update it appears to download, but the message keeps returning, no matter how many times i try to update the new database.

I have just downloaded and installed version 8.0.0.056 and get exactly the same problem.

Incidentally, what is the latest version?

Can anyone tell me how to resolve this please.

Regards,

Ron S

Please check the system date on your PC (date, month, year, time zone).

Please check the system date on your PC (date, month, year, time zone).

OK, I checked as suggested and all is as it should be. No other programs where system date is critical appear to be affected.

The only problem I'm having is Kaspersky! I still cannot get past the 'obsolete databases' message .......

Now, I'm getting errors where it shuts down as I download email.

I really need to know how to fix this.

Incidentally, although it's selected, I did not get an email notification of your posting.

Thanks

Ron S

Just to be sure things hadn't changed overnight, I again did an update with the same result as previous tries - the dreaded 'obsolete databases' message!! Anyway, I did a screenshot of the current database dates and this is attached. Can you tell me if these are, in fact, up to date?

obsolete_databases.zip

Edited by webcommerce

OK, I checked as suggested and all is as it should be. No other programs where system date is critical appear to be affected.

The only problem I'm having is Kaspersky! I still cannot get past the 'obsolete databases' message .......

Now, I'm getting errors where it shuts down as I download email.

I really need to know how to fix this.

Incidentally, although it's selected, I did not get an email notification of your posting.

Thanks

Ron S

Just to be sure things hadn't changed overnight, I again did an update with the same result as previous tries - the dreaded 'obsolete databases' message!! Anyway, I did a screenshot of the current database dates and this is attached. Can you tell me if these are, in fact, up to date?

1. The topic was moved because you have Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 (protection for home users).

2. Do you use proxy server to connect with Internet: open Internet Explorer -> choose item "Tools" -> "Internet Options" -> tab "Connections" -> press button "LAN Setting" -> what settings are here? If you use proxy server you need to add these settings (port and address of proxy server) to the update task in Kaspersky Internet Security 2009.

3. Also please disable Firewall in Kaspersky Internet Security and try to update. Inform about result.

4. What version of KIS 2009 do you use? The latest version is 8.0.0.506. If you haven't the latest version please will install it:

5. Please attach two report files:

5.1. Report file of GetSystemInfo: http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=193238548

5.2. Report file of the update task.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.