mrralan

[Merged again] Multiple component updates today requiring reboots

Aha!

Thanks chaps.

I did look in the c:\windows\system32 folder, but forgot about \Drivers.

I'm also on 7.0.0.215.

So, looks like crisis averted for another week. I wonder what next week will bring! ;)

Andrew

Is this only for KAV-WW Windows Workstation? As when I did the update from my admin server and pushed the updates out to my KAV-WSEE Enterprise Edition server they still have a klif.sys from 7/14/2008.

mboy,

you are correct Kaspersky released hotfix 'g' for 6.0.3.837 Anti-virus For windows workstations

KAV 6.0.3.837 should now list hotfixes b,c,d,e,f,g in service/settings section if ran updates with update application modules turned on.

The hotfix does require a reboot though. Lets all hope they get this rebooting thing resolved in 8.0, it would be nice when our workstations don't have to reboot with every module update. Even better when the servers don't have to reboot either!

According to support and this forum the fix is going to be put out today thru the normal update. Anything could change though.

Thank you for your information. :cb_punk:

mboy,

you are correct Kaspersky released hotfix 'g' for 6.0.3.837 Anti-virus For windows workstations

KAV 6.0.3.837 should now list hotfixes b,c,d,e,f,g in service/settings section if ran updates with update application modules turned on.

The hotfix does require a reboot though. Lets all hope they get this rebooting thing resolved in 8.0, it would be nice when our workstations don't have to reboot with every module update. Even better when the servers don't have to reboot either!

I hear ya, but I do not think I will be around for 8.

It doesn't matter which executable they (whoever you bought from) send you with the license...........the important thing is that you can use the home license for any version including the latest 2009 products, all you have to do is download the latest from downloads and use the code on it.

I have one computer doing the BSOD since last week (feb. 10. 2009). an very sporadically How can i be sure that the klif.sys driver got updated? We have KAV for Workstation version 6.0.3.837 and we use Kaspersky Admin Kit to keep all teh computers updated.

Thanks in advance,

ErnstC

I've already opened a ticket explaining all the issues, but so far i still havent received a reply frrom Kaspersky

i also have one thread in the Sapnish section.

Important info on how to return to the standard Kaspersky update servers if you have applied the beta fix and general update info:

The permanent fix for the Klif.sys update error has been uploaded to our update servers.

At this time please do all of the following that apply –

1. If you update from the Administration kit, re-enable the “update application modules” in the Update section of your policy for windows workstations. This should be located in one of your groups folders, in the subgroup folder named Policies.

2. If you update from the web and do not use an Administration Kit, please re-enable “update applications modules” in the Settings of your Kaspersky interface, under Update.

a. You may also need to specify your update source directly in this case as the beta server does not contain the full list of available servers. The issue here is that the update source will not automatically switch to Kaspersky Lab’s update servers.

b. In this case please specify http://downloads1.kaspersky-labs.com/ as the update source and download from it at least one time before switching back to Kaspersky Lab’s update servers. This will allow it to pull down the full list of available update servers.

In all cases, the module update will cause a reboot, and when viewing the Service section of the Kaspersky interface, you should see product hotfix “g” installed.

Thank you,

Technical Support | Kaspersky Lab

I have one computer doing the BSOD since last week (feb. 10. 2009). an very sporadically How can i be sure that the klif.sys driver got updated? We have KAV for Workstation version 6.0.3.837 and we use Kaspersky Admin Kit to keep all teh computers updated.

Thanks in advance,

ErnstC

I've already opened a ticket explaining all the issues, but so far i still havent received a reply frrom Kaspersky

i also have one thread in the Sapnish section.

ErnstC,

just open up KAV on a client machine, select the Service link on the left side of KAV main window and in the Product Info section will be the Product Hotfix: 'b,c,d,e,f,g' if you have the 'g' hotfix then klif.sys has been updated to the correct version that fixes the BSOD problem. If you only have 'b,c,d,e,f' then you need to run the updates on your clients again, making sure that you have pulled the updates down from Kaspersky if you update from the Admin Server.

Was this problem ever officially acknowledge by Kaspersky with a KB article or fix notice?

I am looking for something official to send out to explain all the recent disruption.

Was this problem ever officially acknowledge by Kaspersky with a KB article or fix notice?

I am looking for something official to send out to explain all the recent disruption.

I can answer your question:

If they do that, they'll be in deep shit mode as many companies will sue Kaspersky ... so they never will.

Hope they have learnt a lesson.

Hope they have learnt a lesson.

Do you mean this time becuase they certainly didn't the 1st 2-3xs they did this.

Do you mean this time becuase they certainly didn't the 1st 2-3xs they did this.

Can someone give as a quick history of the previous update problems and how long did they take to fix them ?

For the latest patch it was like 2 weeks...how about previous times?

How can one keep an updated AV if we disable application module update?

Can someone give as a quick history of the previous update problems and how long did they take to fix them ?

For the latest patch it was like 2 weeks...how about previous times?

How can one keep an updated AV if we disable application module update?

1a. Much quicker, than this incident.

1b. Usually it's fast fixed as it is normally a signature and that is a quick fix, first you remove it again and thwen you fix it and release it later. In this case it was a driver, this is not a easy quick fix and requires testing which is not just like testing a signature.

2. Every vendor has these incidents, as i think it was Raymond in this thread who said this is normal and we all see it......the important thing is HOW a vendor deals with this. Obviously Kaspersky did not communicate this out to the customers as well as they should have, this is easy to spot when you see this thread.

3. It was fixed now three days ago and i suggest you contact Kaspersky and make them aware of any unhappiness with the way it was handled.

Thread closed.