mrralan

[Merged again] Multiple component updates today requiring reboots

Any news about a fix ? It seems we only have troubles on MS Vista computers. They are freezing randomly. The mouse cursor still moves but they don't respond to any clicks or shortcuts such as CTRL+SHIFT+ESC (Task Manager)

Any news about a fix ? It seems we only have troubles on MS Vista computers. They are freezing randomly. The mouse cursor still moves but they don't respond to any clicks or shortcuts such as CTRL+SHIFT+ESC (Task Manager)

I spoke to kaspersky support today (at last) and it doesn’t seem that they are aware of this problem!!

I have sent them a getsysteminfo file and am awaiting a response.

Luckly we dont have any vista machines this seems to be effecting machines with ISA 2004 running windows 2003 server on our network.

Edited by sleepytom

I have heard back from kasepersky with a temporay fix,

The issue you are having is potentially related to tasks running continuously, using 100% CPU resources. Please look at running through these steps:-

Step by step instructions:

1. From Administration console delete the task, that caused the problem (any task that is scheduled to run every 29th, 30th or 31st of the month).

2. Stop services of Admin Server and NetAgent.

3. Copy kill_tasks_kav6.ini into %Admin Server installation folder%\Nagent\Data\Cleaner, copy cleanapi.dll into %Admin Server installation folder%\Nagent (replace the existing file).

4. Start services of Admin Server and NetAgent.

5. Create group or global task (when creating a task choose Application: Kaspersky Administration Kit, Task Type: Product Deinstallation Task. On the next step click “Uninstall the external application”, and in the list of applications select "Kill All Scan Tasks of KAV 6.0")

6. Run the remote un-installation task and wait for its completion.

They are currently working on a fix and should have news today.

Tom

I spoke to kaspersky support today (at last) and it doesn’t seem that they are aware of this problem!!

I have sent them a getsysteminfo file and am awaiting a response.

Luckly we dont have any vista machines this seems to be effecting machines with ISA 2004 running windows 2003 server on our network.

Did you speak to their U.S. Support?

I spoke with their US Support last Thursday (February 5th around 7 pm EST). The fix was originally going to be posted on Friday --they were also going to send email letting me know that it was available & what to do. I have heard nothing since I called support.

Let me point out that [at least US support] is very aware of this problem. When I started explaining the problem, the tech. I was talking to knew exactly what was going on before I even finished and provided me a temp fix so the company CFO could get back into his computer.

This whole thing sucks.

I spoke with their US Support last Thursday (February 5th around 7 pm EST). The fix was originally going to be posted on Friday --they were also going to send email letting me know that it was available & what to do. I have heard nothing since I called support.

Let me point out that [at least US support] is very aware of this problem. When I started explaining the problem, the tech. I was talking to knew exactly what was going on before I even finished and provided me a temp fix so the company CFO could get back into his computer.

This whole thing sucks.

Was this the same fix as i posted above?

Thanks

Was this the same fix as i posted above?

Thanks

No this was not the fix you posted.

I also posted a temp fix earlier in this thread that the tech. provided to me. It works but leaves the system unprotected.

According to the tech. the problem has to do with the IDS (intrusion detection system I believe) module that they updated on Monday/Tuesday of last week in response to a internet worm that is circulating heavily.

Why, is this not the official Kaspersky forums?

Yes, it is the official Kaspersky user forum. If you wish for official support, then you go through support especially if you think you're entitled to be reimbursed...thats certainly not something for the user forum to discuss, although i think you already know yourself what the answer to that is of course.

Yes, it is the official Kaspersky user forum. If you wish for official support, then you go through support especially if you think you're entitled to be reimbursed...thats certainly not something for the user forum to discuss, although i think you already know yourself what the answer to that is of course.

For official support, yes go to support. HOWEVER, Kaspersky has helped us in these forums in the past and there is no excuse for them not let the users know what is going on.

For official support, yes go to support. HOWEVER, Kaspersky has helped us in these forums in the past and there is no excuse for them not let the users know what is going on.

Chill man, your not even adding anything constructive to this thread. If you want support call them, stop flaming.

This is completely unacceptable. There is no excuse for leaving your customers hanging for 5 DAYS and providing a workaround that leaves systems vulnerable. My company lost tens of thousands of dollars in production because of this.

By the way, I was under the impression Kaspersky support was actively involved in these forums. Apparently not "officially". Perhaps it should not be listed as one of the primary options for support on the website if that is the case.

Forgive me for the flaming. Considering the circumstances, people should be aware of the trouble this has caused.

Edited by JimKBA

I would still like to know what causes this. We are currently migrating from McAfee to Kaspersky and I have several servers and desktops that have been updated and I have not had a single issue. I did not reboot the first computer until Friday. My servers are all set to do Application Updates manually. Has anyone been able to find a common link?

I would still like to know what causes this. We are currently migrating from McAfee to Kaspersky and I have several servers and desktops that have been updated and I have not had a single issue. I did not reboot the first computer until Friday. My servers are all set to do Application Updates manually. Has anyone been able to find a common link?

Nope, I have Kaspersky deployed on about 700 pc's and servers, and I've only experienced an issue with one computer. Heard a number of people compaining this morning about outlook 2003 this morning, but I think they just have a case of the Monday's. Not saying there is not an issue, just saying that I am not experiencing it.

Nope, I have Kaspersky deployed on about 700 pc's and servers, and I've only experienced an issue with one computer. Heard a number of people compaining this morning about outlook 2003 this morning, but I think they just have a case of the Monday's. Not saying there is not an issue, just saying that I am not experiencing it.

There definitely is an issue.

We're experiencing problems with W2003 server with ISA Server 2004 installed on them. Machines freezing randomly. After restart Windows Firewall service wouldn't start. Manual start is sometimes a solution, sometimes not. On one server we had to uninstall ISA server and re-install it.

No offense, but if you work for Kaspersky, shouldn't you have a forum title that actually says you work with Kaspersky?

No offense, but if you work for Kaspersky, shouldn't you have a forum title that actually says you work with Kaspersky?

I had the same email, that text is just copied from a email by the user i expect.

I had attempted the fix and it seem to work.

I had the same email, that text is just copied from a email by the user i expect.

I had attempted the fix and it seem to work.

Hmm, well that makes a little more sense I suppose. Still, why wouldn't they just post it themselves? I know they post other "hotfixes" on the forum.

Hmm, well that makes a little more sense I suppose. Still, why wouldn't they just post it themselves? I know they post other "hotfixes" on the forum.

Yeah thats abit strange, But the fix works and you found it so its all good.

He's not an Kaspersky employee and it's a beta hotfix at the moment....................so certainly not something to post on a board where users not always will be aware it's not a certified fix and it is therefore removed again. (by me)

So wait for the official release..unless you like to test things.

I called Kaspersky-Labs UK support this morning and they notified me there is a beta driver which replaces the faulty klif.sys available.

They gave me a URL to create a new update task to point at.

I've run the update to all my workstations but it is far too early days to say whether it has worked (been about an hour since the update).

I won't post the URL they gave me because of forum etiquette and the fact it is a beta, but I would urge you to contact your local Kaspersky support to see if they have access to the same update which they can divulge to their geographic.

Hope this helps

Andrew

I'm too wondering why it's taking Kaspersky this long to produce a fix (nearly a week now).

I've also has no reply to my support ticket I raised two days ago (I'm in the UK)

Has anyone got a work around that works / any more news of a fix? I've just had to remove KAV from all my Win Vista PCs, it made them all unusable.

Ironically this broken update is worse than any virus or worm etc my networks have ever got!

I'm too wondering why it's taking Kaspersky this long to produce a fix (nearly a week now).

I've also has no reply to my support ticket I raised two days ago (I'm in the UK)

Has anyone got a work around that works / any more news of a fix? I've just had to remove KAV from all my Win Vista PCs, it made them all unusable.

Ironically this broken update is worse than any virus or worm etc my networks have ever got!

Thios is an absolute disgrace!

Over 1 week now, no fix!

Even when I change klif.sys and set Kaspersky to NOT update application modules, half of my computers revert back to downloading application modules and hose it all over again.

Kav certainly lost a 100+ user customer here, that's for sure!

What bothers me most is that we are kept in the dark about this whole situation.

No official response on the forums or anywhere on the kaspersky webpages, no entry in knowledge base and so on...

We have a 300+ user subscription and after we bought it we tried to see how fast the support is responding.

We opened a case on kaspersky support page and we never received a response (not even after a few months).

:angry: