Automatic update not working automatically. [manual update does work]

me34

I have KTS 19.0.0.1088f, Windows 10 Version 10.0.17134.765 The problem is that the automatic update does not work. If I press "Update" the update process works OK, but if I do not manually update, every 2 days I get a notification to update: And the update screen shows that last update was 2 days ago The update is configured to Daily updates with "run skipped update tasks", so it should run an update even if the computer was off at the update time. Before I changed the settings to "Daily" it was on "Automatically" and the same thing happened, the automatic update did not work and I got a notification every 2 days to manually update. So I tried to switch to "Daily" update task, and it did not solve the problem.

Hello Me34, Welcome! Thank you for the detailed info and the images - helps enormously! Has the issue just started or has it been going on for some time? Have you tried uninstalling / reinstalling KTS? If not please do so, during the uninstall process select ONLY - save licence information, ignore every other option - https://support.kaspersky.com/us/common/uninstall/12783#block2
  1. Clear Windows Temp folder - https://support.kaspersky.com/us/common/windows/1161
  2. Reboot
  3. Reinstall
  4. Reboot.
  5. Run a manual update.
  6. Setup the automatic update schedule
  7. Test for a period (x days) where you would have seen the issue .
Please let us know? Thanks

If the automatic update task of Kaspersky products does not work properly, the official solution is to reinstall the product.
  1. Download the latest version of the application.
  2. Uninstall the current version of the application.
  3. Install the latest version of the application.
If the issue persists, submit a request to Kaspersky Lab technical support via the My Kaspersky portal. Please include a detailed description of the issue. Kind regards, Leon

Hello Me34, Welcome! Thank you for the detailed info and the images - helps enormously! Has the issue just started or has it been going on for some time? Have you tried uninstalling / reinstalling KTS? If not please do so, during the uninstall process select ONLY - save licence information, ignore every other option - https://support.kaspersky.com/us/common/uninstall/12783#block2
  1. Clear Windows Temp folder - https://support.kaspersky.com/us/common/windows/1161
  2. Reboot
  3. Reinstall
  4. Reboot.
  5. Run a manual update.
  6. Setup the automatic update schedule
  7. Test for a period (x days) where you would have seen the issue .
Please let us know? Thanks
Thanks, I will try it and get back in a few days

• 3 weeks later...
After uninstalling kaspersky (leaving only the licence information), reboot, and reinstalling it, the problem is not solved. Every 2 days I get the same notification to update kaspersky. If I select "Run Update" the update process runs with no problem, and then after 2 days again the same notification.

Hi me34, please check 'Settings->Performance'. If 'Perform Idle Scan' is enabled, updates are also only loaded if the computer is 'idle'.
Schulte Here are the settings This is the default settings. should I uncheck the "Perform Idle Scan" ? In a normal day the computer is left open and unused for a long time

Hello me34! Thank you for your reply and the screenshots. Please have in mind that disabling "Perform Idle Scan" won't solve this issue, as this is only for when the computer is locked or the screensaver is on (you can find more info about this here: https://support.kaspersky.com/14379?cid=KTS_19.0&utm_source=interceptor&utm_medium=product&utm_campaign=KTS_19.0) A good idea would be to disable the first checkbox in "Performance" inside the settings (Disable schedule tasks...), in case the computer is a laptop. After this wait for a while or even restart the computer and see if the problem persists. If so, we would need more info in order to study the problem. Could you please send us a GSI? You can do it following this guide: https://support.kaspersky.com/common/diagnostics/3632 With the GSI we will see if there is anything worth checking in your system that may be causing trouble to the update the database automatically. Thank you!

Please have in mind that disabling "Perform Idle Scan" won't solve this issue, as this is only for when the computer is locked or the screensaver is on ...
Of course these setting can help. This shows the experience and the last sentence in your link: 'Idle scan and update tasks will be performed according to these settings.'
should I uncheck the "Perform Idle Scan" ?
me34: Yes. Just try it for a few days. It can only get better...

Schulte I tried to disable the "Perform Idle Scan" checkbox. i will see if this helps. Mad Will This is a desktop, not a laptop, so "Disable schedule tasks..." will not have an effect. I have run the GSI tool but it collects a lot of personal information. Can I send you specific files from the zip output which will help you analyse the problem? Or, you can write me what to look for?

• 1 year later...

Hello 

i have the same problem with kaspersky internet security with safe kids also installed.

Automatic update not working ,only manual update  works , i changed with every hour update  and after login update , i disable gaming mode , uninstall and reinstall 3 times  kis and kids safe and clean temp but same problem not updating automatically and safe kids not working correct to run the day limits for the kid !! What can i do for  check this problem ? from support tools enable application traces or what else ? 

thanks

safe kids not working correct to run the day limits for the kid !! What can i do for  check this problem ? from support tools enable application traces or what else ? 

Hello @akisgian

There’s been some issues with KSK, the (KSK) problem you’re reporting may be related. Please log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, follow the Application malfunctionOther template; Support may request Logs, Traces & other data, they will guide you, explain to them you also have an issue with KTS automatic updates

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

▶ Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Resource:

General recommendations for solving database update issues

Hello @akisgian@me34 

Could you tell us what value of the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\KasperskyLab\AVP21.2\Data | Ins_Update, IsForceUpdateInProgress is 1 or 0. LastSuccessfulUpdate have a value.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\KasperskyLab\AVP21.2\environment | IpmUpdatePeriod is 10800,  IpmUpdateStartupDelay is 1800.

Does this issue occur in safe kids installed? Do you set somethings in safe kids? or How about the PC user account, what’s the KL update user account? Like me or …… ?

Regards.

Hello @akisgian@me34 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\KasperskyLab\AVP21.2\Data | Ins_Update, IsForceUpdateInProgress is 1 or 0. LastSuccessfulUpdate have a value.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\KasperskyLab\AVP21.2\environment | IpmUpdatePeriod is 10800,  IpmUpdateStartupDelay is 1800.

Does this issue occur in safe kids installed? Do you set somethings in safe kids? or How about the PC user account, what’s the KL update user account? Like me or …… ?

Regards.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\KasperskyLab\AVP21.2\Data | Ins_Update  is 1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\KasperskyLab\AVP21.2\environment | IpmUpdatePeriod is  10800  and not  1800  I have to change it ??

Also I noticed In the machine with English Win 10 64-bit   if you wait about 1 minute before entering the code to enter in windows the time for the children will work in reverse until it is over..

Also not updating automatic

Now if you restart the windows without waiting a little before  entering the password for login ...kaspersky kids safe not working and you can continue using the machine with no limits  all day!!

Run database updates as current user 

In windows 8.1 i dont have any issue with updates or time restrictions on Kids Safe only on windows 10 

thanks

Hello @akisgian@me34 

Regards.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\KasperskyLab\AVP21.2\Data | Ins_Update  is 1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\KasperskyLab\AVP21.2\environment | IpmUpdatePeriod is  10800  and not  1800  I have to change it ??

Also I noticed In the machine with English Win 10 64-bit   if you wait about 1 minute before entering the code to enter in windows the time for the children will work in reverse until it is over..

Now if you restart the windows without waiting a little before  entering the password for login ...kaspersky kids safe not working and you can continue using the machine with no limits  all day!!

In windows 8.1 i dont have any issue with updates or time restrictions on Kids Safe only on windows 10 

thanks

Hello,

IpmUpdatePeriod is  10800  and not  1800  I have to change it ??

You mean IpmUpdateStartupDelay is  not 1800 ?Please disable KIS self-defense and exit the product to edit it to 1800.

Regards.

Hello @akisgian@me34 

Regards.

thanks

Hello,

You mean IpmUpdateStartupDelay is  not 1800 ?Please disable KIS self-defense and exit the product to edit it to 1800.

Regards.

IpmUpdatePeriod   is 10800

IpmUpdateStartupDelay   is 1800

Hello @akisgian@me34 

Regards.

thanks

Hello,

Regards.

My mistake

Hello @akisgian@me34 

Regards.

Run database updates as current user  - kid user  - not admin

thanks

Hello,

Regards.

My mistake

also i cannot open my kaspersky  !!

i have internet , but not updating  automatically !!

Event :    Error connecting to My Kaspersky
Component :    Security
Reason :    Failed to connect to My Kaspersky. Please check your Internet connection and try again.