[Firefox add-on bug] Kaspersky protection add-on disabled in FireFox [Solved][Closed]

Go to solution Solved by Schulte,

Today I noticed that the Kaspersky protection add-on was disabled in FireFox. As I could not get it to work again I did a re-install of Kaspersky total security. That produced some problems with scanning secure traffic, but I managed to get that working again. The Kaspersky protection add-on is still disabled. Firefox put it in the "Unsupported" section. I have the latest version of the add-on: 20.0.543.1053,d I also have the latest FireFox: 66.0.3 What can I do to get the Kaspersky protection add-on working (again) in FireFox?

Hello ThisIsIt, The "Studies system" step can be reset as soon as the Kaspersky extension is re-enabled. (imo) it's better to have Kaspersky protection working rather than to wait... Unless of course you don't use FF until "general fix that doesn’t use the Studies system" is populated by Mozilla; my feeling is that will take time, simply bc, a working fix is available & Moz still have to roll out fix for Firefox ESR or Firefox for Android... priorities? Re "timing" when you posted your OP, I was in the midst of answering, went out of the browser for a millisec, you'd updated, tried again, same, same:smiley:, All good, Thanks!

Hello ThisIsIt, Also, some have advised, despite taken the steps to fix (including the hotfix) they've not been able to re-activate Kaspersky protection extension. To remedy that specific issue - after having done the recommended/suggested steps, they uninstalled & reinstalled Kaspersky software. If you need to do this, during the uninstall, the Kaspersky application will offer a choice to save various elements - the ONLY choice should be "Save Licence information", all other options should not be selected. And, before re-installing the new/refreshed Kaspersky software - reboot, after the install - reboot, run a full scan, allow it to run to completion, reboot again. Others are further reporting that even this is not resolving the issue with Kaspersky protection, at that point they've uninstalled Firefox, reboot, download & install a fresh Firefox, reboot... It's seems the BUG fix may be "in progress", rather than fully fixed. Please let us know how you go? Thank you!

I am having the same issue with Kaspersky being an unsupported extension on Mozilla. According to Mozilla, it is up to Kaspersky to get their extension "signed" by Mozilla,using Mozilla developer guidelines, for security reasons. Kaspersky needs to get together with Mozilla to resolve this issue asap!

Why are we facing this mickey mouse BS ? How Come Big Player like Kasperky and Mozilla don't talk as they are 2 linked to the net entities ? Why ? And then. Also... providing a FIX should be mandatory... and Ideally ... Kaspersky should anticipate with mozilla team in order to prevent such a disaster... after all we pay them to secure us... and now... we feel like...dumped as many codes are dumped into some Cher Nobile

Hello Novice1, hello potroub, welcome to the new forum. The current problem is the fault of Mozilla. They forgot to renew an expired certificate. Many extensions are affected. Their developers did everything right, but Mozilla did not.

I am having the same issue with Kaspersky being an unsupported extension on Mozilla. According to Mozilla, it is up to Kaspersky to get their extension "signed" by Mozilla,using Mozilla developer guidelines, for security reasons. Kaspersky needs to get together with Mozilla to resolve this issue asap!
Welcome. In this specific case, Kaspersky is all good. It is a BUG on Firefox side. Please follow the instructions that have been posted in the posts located above your post. :) Any better after that?

after this story is history we want the proof of the bug was created by mozilla team //Edit: You can have proof. Ask Mozilla for the proof. :slight_smile: Topic is Closed to stop flood. The correct solution is posted in the posts located above this post. :relaxed: