Stuck Software Updater

reginfaz
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Hi, My Kaspersky recommended to update my iTune version. Which I did. The download went OK but the install hanged at "Waiting for other updates to complete ...." The cancel button was, and still is, disabled. I restart my computer. Same status. So now I have a permanent Warning need to install software update. Anyway to reset the installer? Thanks, Reginfaz

• 1 year later...

Hello @reginfaz 
We review and handle old topics now and see your topic post. May I ask you was your problem solved in the latest version? Please let's know this situation.
If the problem has solved or fixed, Please mark best answer to the post which could help you solved the problem, We are grateful to invite you to do this.
If the problem hasn't gone, Please let me know, Thanks!
Best regards.

• 6 months later...

Hello @mrpctek,

• 🅰 Also, post a full screen image of the error message please? 
  1. iTunes, Windows System Requirements, Windows 7 or later
  2. Open Kaspersky Total Security, Settings⚙ , select Manage Settings, select Export Settings, save the config file; select Restore Settings
  3. Shutdown the computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login. 
  4. Recheck the iTunes issue? 

Please let us know the outcome? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello @mrpctek,

When you have a moment please let us know which KTS version & patch(x) x=letter, is installed in the Win 7 computer → on the Windows Taskbar, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About?

Do you mean you cancelled updates for iTunes in iTunes Advanced preferences or in KTS?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello @mrpctek,

Thanks for the update👌

Please follow the steps below & documentation carefully:

1. Uninstall KTS, save License information only, leave all other check boxes blank, at the completion of the uninstall, shutdown the laptop using Shutdown, not Restart, powered device on, log in.
  2. Check whether any applications installed on the computer are incompatible with Kaspersky Total Security?
  3. Download & install KTS  version 21.2.16.590, at the completion of the install, shutdown the laptop using Shutdown, not Restart, powered device on, log in, make sure KTS is active.
  4. Manually run a Database update
  5. Shutdown the laptop using Shutdown, not Restart, powered device on, log in, make sure KTS is active.
  6. If patch(a) does not apply immediately, you may need to shutdown/restart several times. 
  7. Recheck the iTunes issue? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello @mrpctek

1. What do you mean “What about my account, the other devices on My Kapersky Total Security?”, doing a clean install on the Windows 7 computer will have no effect on any other devices, nor on your MyKaspersky account. 
  2. If you don’t use iTunes, uninstall it. 
  3. KTS on the Windows 7 device is not up to date.
  4. KTS on the Windows 7 device is not working correctly, an uninstall & clean install is the solution. 

Alternative solution: 

• Contact Kaspersky Technical Support, fill in the Application malfunction, Other template, in the KTS version field, fill in  21.1.15.500, not  21.2.16.590; include:
  1.  A detailed history?
  2. What caused the problem?
  3. Did you try to solve the problem? How?
  4. Text from an error message? Screenshot? Video?
  5. Community topic URL?
  6. Support may request traces & or other data, they will guide you

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello @mrpctek,

Thanks for the update👌

Please follow the steps below & documentation carefully:

1. Uninstall KTS, save License information only, leave all other check boxes blank, at the completion of the uninstall, shutdown the laptop using Shutdown, not Restart, powered device on, log in.
  2. Check whether any applications installed on the computer are incompatible with Kaspersky Total Security?
  3. Download & install KTS  version 21.2.16.590, at the completion of the install, shutdown the laptop using Shutdown, not Restart, powered device on, log in, make sure KTS is active.
  4. Manually run a Database update
  5. Shutdown the laptop using Shutdown, not Restart, powered device on, log in, make sure KTS is active.
  6. If patch(a) does not apply immediately, you may need to shutdown/restart several times. 
  7. Recheck the iTunes issue? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hi @mrpctek , 

I would add to this advice from Flood, after uninstallation of the current version of KTS, please update iTunes manually, then install latest version of Kaspersky. 

Regards,

Igor

Followed Flood and Floods uninstall and reinstall. However I have not tried to update iTunes yet using Kapersky’s “Updater” I simply turned off updates for iTunes right now. I don’t want to have the error message for the update starting me in the face. iTunes is not that important to me.