Kaspersky randomly restarts itself(no updates happening either)

Go to solution Solved by Mikhail Shakhov,

7 hours ago, anil_2705 said:
  • Kaspersky randomly restarts itself
  • no updates happening either.
  • Unable to understand what's causing the restarts.

Hello @anil_2705

Welcome!

1. So we don't have to guess, please: Read before you create a new topic! by Danila T..
  2. Read & *follow*General recommendations for solving database update issues in Kaspersky applications
  3. When "Kaspersky randomly restarts" - as you say, are there matching Windows alerts?1-k-stopping.thumb.jpg.0bb76c3c05c49c55a4d3f13d0599d3c2.jpg
  4. IF the issues persist, post back with *detailed information* - as per Danila T. &  including Kaspersky Report *names*, i.e, show full-screen-screen-print of the Kaspersky report window (see our image), not cropped image, you can hide personal information by right-clicking in the column-heading field & un-selecting whichever fields you wish:system-watcher.thumb.jpg.c59c1ebdcd6957fe0304496c0ee33c5e.jpg

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

On 12/28/2023 at 6:01 AM, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @anil_2705

Welcome!

1. So we don't have to guess, please: Read before you create a new topic! by Danila T..
  2. Read & *follow*General recommendations for solving database update issues in Kaspersky applications
  3. When "Kaspersky randomly restarts" - as you say, are there matching Windows alerts?1-k-stopping.thumb.jpg.0bb76c3c05c49c55a4d3f13d0599d3c2.jpg
  4. IF the issues persist, post back with *detailed information* - as per Danila T. &  including Kaspersky Report *names*, i.e, show full-screen-screen-print of the Kaspersky report window (see our image), not cropped image, you can hide personal information by right-clicking in the column-heading field & un-selecting whichever fields you wish:system-watcher.thumb.jpg.c59c1ebdcd6957fe0304496c0ee33c5e.jpg

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Hi,

For 3, yes it matches the windows alerts. Not exactly sure how to get the name of the error. But on clicking on the error I get this data:

Event: Task stopped
Application name: avp.exe
Application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky 21.15
User: ANIL-KUMAR\Anil Kumar
User type: Active user
Component: System Watcher

Attaching full snip as requested. I thought I'd get the reply notification on mail, hence the delay in response. Apologies for the delay.

image.thumb.png.7d2b53a9f05aab3d65216020daaee62c.png

• Thanks 1

On 12/27/2023 at 6:31 PM, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @anil_2705

Welcome!

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Just pitching in with my info. I've been having the same problem for days. Except my application database does indeed update automatically (but I have Windows 10)

It happens every two days, so I've been trying to track patterns.

Patterns discovered:

• It only happens when I have Firefox open (I don't have Chrome, like some users above)
  • Every time it's happened, I've had Twitter open. So, if it's website-related, I've narrowed it down to that, in my case.
  • Disk usage for Kaspersky Service 21.15 spikes up to 70+% causing total disk usage to reach or approach 100% when this happens. (I'm keeping the Task Manager open at all times precisely to try to figure out what's going on)

The first time it happened to me was Nov 21, with KIS 21.3. I upgraded (clean install with reboots in between) to Kaspersky Premium 21.15 on December 12. Didn't have a Kaspersky auto-restart problem for one month. Then, on Dec. 21st, it started again, and has been happening once a day every 2 days.

OS and Software info:
Windows 10 x64 Home, 22H2
Kaspersky Premium 21.15.8.493(a)
Firefox (version number doesn't affect it); Extensions: Kasp, AdBlock Plus, No Script

Additional info:
I ran chkdsk /f /r twice, and System File checker, once, after the Nov. incident
Kaspersky Performance monitor says my Drive Health is 100% "Healthy and nearly as good as new"

Just adding my info/investigations to the thread in case it helps people figure out what's going on.
My screencaps:

2023-12-29KasperskyseapagosoloReport.thumb.jpg.ed247fb687daabecd93e8133a3efa881.jpg2023-12-29Kasperskyseapagosolo.thumb.jpg.04bd9cd7fd0e69fff16dca9f60b487e1.jpg

Edited by tcwe
  • Thanks 1

On 12/29/2023 at 1:04 PM, Jatapong said:

Same issue here. Kaspersky restarted by itself since 27 Dec 2023 ... this happen 3 days in a row not sure is this related to the latest updated of Kaspersky Chrome Extension on 26 Dec 2023 because it crash when using Chrome only ?? 😒

about_.png

notification_log.png

firewall_log.png

I've removed 'Kaspersky Protection Extension' from Chrome since yesterday, the issue seem to be gone now ??
Let see in a few days if this extension was a root cause after latest updated.

Edited by Jatapong

• Solution

Hello,

Developers have found the culprit: this is the Kaspersky Protection plugin version: 2.7.177.0

The scenario for the problem reproduction is not clear for now(it does not reproduces on all PCs).

They have already published new version of plugin with fix 2.7.177.1.

Workaround for users, who has not received new version of plugin yet: to disable or to remove Kaspersky Protection plugin temporarily.

Edited by Mikhail Shakhov
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
Il 30/12/2023 alle 12:03, Mikhail Shakhov ha detto:

Ciao

Gli sviluppatori hanno trovato il colpevole: questa è la versione del plugin Kaspersky Protection: 2.7.177.0

Lo scenario per il problema di riproduzione non è chiaro per ora (non si riproduce su tutti i PC).

Hanno già pubblicato una nuova versione del plugin con la correzione 2.7.177.1.

Soluzione alternativa per gli utenti che non hanno ancora ricevuto la nuova versione del plug-in: disabilitare o rimuovere temporaneamente il plug-in Kaspersky Protection.

Ciao,

kaspersky protection.PNG

report kaspersky.PNG