Updating Kaspersky

Go to solution Solved by Guilhermesene4096,

Hello,

I have a question, when there is an update (21.16 --> 21.17) do i have to download it or does it happens automatically via the program ?

Thanks for your answers,

Sven 

• Solution
Posted (edited)

@Kempie Welcome

Updates are normally delivered automatically 👍

This usually happens gradually like a wave, for example, first Russian customers, then US customers and so on until delivery to all customers. The reason this happens is that if a problem (bug) is identified, it only affects some specific customers, making it easier to correct.

But, if you like, you can download the newest installer and install it on your device (uninstalling the already installed product first)

Edited by Guilhermesene4096
  • Like 5

You update the applications on the place. There have been situations where Kaspersky has not updated to a new product version. It's hard to say how it is at the moment, because Kaspersky has adopted the rolling release method, where the distribution is not as strict as it used to be.

Conclusion: if you want to be sure, you do it manually which takes 5 minutes without losing settings. Update, of course, without uninstalling.

Edited by p0km0n
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

p0km0n,

Sorry for the late reply...

if i first uninstall does Kaspersky save the settings?

Or install it over current version?

Thanks,

Sven

How to know it is the latest version when i download it from the website?

it doesn't says what version it is....

@Kempie

During the uninstall procedure you will be prompted to keep license info + settings.

On my side I never encountered a problem when proceeding with an on top installation.

Which language version are you running ?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Kempie said:
  1. if i first uninstall does Kaspersky save the settings?
  2. How to know it is the latest version when i download it from the website? it doesn't says what version it is....

Hello @Kempie

Welcome back!

• Going back to (your) original question: "when there is an update (21.16 --> 21.17) do i have to download it or does it happens automatically via the program?"
  • -> Versions & patches are released in a staggered distribution across the globe; these *staged* distributions may take some months before the distribution cycle is complete. Versions & patches are distributed *silently* - known as Total Force Upgrade (TFU) to Kaspersky users, the version & or patch will arrive on a Users computer - and sit in the background - for 7 days / 168 hours - IF the computer is *not* rebooted during that period - at the end of  7 days / 168 hours - the waiting version or patch will trigger: the application GUI to change colour; a Notification to be sent to the application Notification centre; the application icon in the Windows *Hidden* icons to turn red;  a Notification to be sent to the Windows Notification centre; a Notification to be sent to the Users MyKaspersky account - all of these Notifications will let the User know the computer needs to be REBOOTED - to apply the new patch or version. 
  1. The *uninstall* process includes options to Save data - read: How to uninstall the application
  2. IF the software is downloaded from a commercial Kaspersky website, it's the latest version, eventually Kaspersky will re-instate publication of Version & Patch release information - as per Danila T. in topic: Release info, by Nexon
  3. IF (you) wish, you can always Export the Kaspersky Settings - at any time  *before* making any changes - read: How to export settings. That way you *always* have a backup of the application settings - *pre* the change. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added to 3.
  • Like 2