KIS and Kaspersky Standard

Hi everyone,

I am currently using KIS whose license is about to expire soon. From Kaspersky's website and this forum, I see that now it will be changed to Kaspersky Standard instead.

My question is that if I buy a Kaspersky Standard license and manually add this into my current KIS on my laptop, does this work or do I need to do anything to update to Kaspersky Standard version first?

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, KTFVN91 said:

I am currently using KIS whose license is about to expire soon.

From Kaspersky's website and this forum, I see that now it will be changed to Kaspersky Standard instead.

My question is that if I buy a Kaspersky Standard license and manually add this into my current KIS on my laptop, does this work or do I need to do anything to update to Kaspersky Standard version first?

Hello @KTFVN91

Welcome!

1. Kaspersky Standard (& the new software range) is a bit different to the old KAV, KIS, KTS, etc. 
  2. Kaspersky Standard, Kaspersky Plus, Kaspersky Premium (Kaspersky's new software) are *subscription* based.
  3. The new products - if purchased from Kaspersky's online websites or via (your) MyKaspersky account - do not have an Activation code - rather there is a License number issued - automatically.
  4. The new products - activate *on the purchase date*, not the install date. 
  5. For the new products to work, once the software is installed on the computer - the user must sign into the application - using the email address they used to purchase the software, so the application synchronizes with (your) MyKasperky account. 
  6. (Personally) we prefer to uninstall the *old* software, before installing the new software - follow the uninstall with a Shutdown, not Restart of the computer, power ON the computer by Pressing the Power button, login, download the new software. 
  7. Install the new software. 
  8. From the new software -> sign into your MyKaspersky account - and you're good to go! 

Any questions or issues, please post back?

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Resources:

Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ, by Danila T.

Kaspersky Standard, How to install the application

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

I have been using KIS for 15+ years. I just recently switched to K Plus for that additional VPN service. 

VPN is nice, but speed is slow out of states. So don't expect much. 

I run into many weird problems that I never encounter with KIS before. Slow computer performance, frozen desktop(for a few seconds), slow website loading to name a few.

If you are not aiming for that free VPN, I'd suggest you to keep using KIS at least for now. You can still purchase 3yr of KIS on amazon(sold by amazon). I am trying my best to get my KIS experience back but I am stuck on this K Plus for now. I regreted my choice for sure. I feel they added many useless additional feature which is causing many problems.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...