App Update dont finding update

So it seems for now the only thing that they can share related to App update is that the application need to be popular or important. That sure is not allot of information here. So it seems to be waiting and see from the App update it self when it gives me a information about that something needs updating to see if it is included in the list.

• Thanks 1

I remember and it was commented on this forum, before being migrated to this new model, I had the same question in this topic some time ago, I remember that there was a list of software that was updated by KASPERSKY, however, it takes a long time to do update for your database, to be distributed to your customers, I think a very large program.

Since it was mentioned that KASPERSKY STANDAD only updates known software. does KASPERSKY PLUS do for everyone?

11 hours ago, tokar86a said:

So, it seems for now the only thing that they can share related to App update is that the application needs to be popular or important. That sure is not a lot of information here.

Hello @tokar86a

Thank you for the update/information. 

1. Did support explain to you why/how Google Chrome is 'not' popular or important - by their definition? 

Agreed, the available information is limited & lacking (ioo)?

We received a similar response from Russia HQ:

Not all installed applications are updated. Only the critical/popular applications are updated by Application Updater. Popular apps like Java or iTunes to name a few are categorized based on trusted developers like Microsoft, etc. However, we do not have an exact list as there could be many.

Thank you? 
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
corrected spelling

3 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife disse:

Hello @tokar86a

We received a similar response from Russia HQ:

Not all installed applications are updated. Only the critical/popular applications are updated by Application Updater. Popular apps like Java or iTunes to name a few are categorized based on trusted developers like Microsoft, etc. However, we do not have an exact list as there could be many.

Thank you? 
Flood?+?

I remember and it was commented on this forum, before being migrated to this new model, I had the same question in this topic some time ago, I remember that there was a list of software that was updated by KASPERSKY, however, it takes a long time to do update for your database, to be distributed to your customers, I think a very large program.

Since it was mentioned that KASPERSKY STANDAD only updates known software. does KASPERSKY PLUS do for everyone?

Edited by SystemInfo

45 minutes ago, SystemInfo said:
  1. Since it was mentioned that KASPERSKY STANDAD only updates known software. does KASPERSKY PLUS do for everyone?

Hello @SystemInfo

Welcome back!

1. There's no difference: Kaspersky Standard | Plus | Premium, Comparison of subscription plans, App Updater

Thank you? 
Flood?+?

added resource.

5 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Did support explain to you why/how Google Chrome is 'not' popular or important - by their definition? 

No they have not done that. And it don't seems like they can or want to explain way.

I send them this replay:

Hi

So if i understand this correctly they don't know what type of applications that App update is checking to see if it is an update available? The only thing they know or want to share with the audience is that it must be popular or important applications that it checks.

So every Kaspersky installation decides for its own what type of applications that fit this description and decide that it should check if its an update available for that application? That sounds a bit strange to me that it should be working like this. Feels kind of random? 

I receive this respond on that.

Hi Tobias,

Thank you for your email.

The same process is followed in all Kaspersky installations to update applications. We are sorry to inform that the information of how the process is executed, however, cannot be disclosed.

Please feel free to let us know should you have further queries. We shall be happy to be of help.

Thank you for contacting Kaspersky Support and have a good day!

Regards,
Ray || Customer Service Representative

Hello @tokar86a

Nothing surprising in that blurb.

The original Software updater never worked properly & *now* all they done is renamed it to App updater & published it in the new version. 

They were the ones who identified / queried (you) about Google Chrome - in their first response to you, the onus is on them to explain why Google Chrome is neither popular or important?(ioo). 

Thank you? 
Flood?+?

3 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @tokar86a

Nothing surprising in that blurb.

The original Software updater never worked properly & *now* all they done is renamed it to App updater & published it in the new version. 

They were the ones who identified / queried (you) about Google Chrome - in their first response to you, the onus is on them to explain why Google Chrome is neither popular or important?(ioo). 

Thank you? 
Flood?+?

i send them and ask following question: So how do I know that the App update is working like it should if I don't know what type of application it should check?

• Like 1

Hello @Flood and Flood's wife

Got this replay:

Dear customer,

Hello,

Thank you for your email, I am here to help.

It is best to check it manually on the app itself if it requires an update.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Have a good day and stay safe!

Amin || Customer Service Representative

What kind of respond is that? Way include something like this then?

New replay:

Dear customer,

Hello!

Hope you're doing well.

As mentioned earlier, Kaspersky does not update all the apps out there. It updates only the most popular and important applications. The apps that are not the latest version according to patchmypc.com / home-updater have to be updated manually.

Should you face any more issues or have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us again, and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Fawwaz || Customer Service Representative

Dear Tobias,

Thank you for getting back to us.

Regretfully, our experts did not share the requirements for a program to be included in the Software Updater feature. So we cannot determine why such an application is not listed in the Software Updater.

Should you face any more issues or have any further queries, please do not hesitate to let us know, and we will be more than happy to assist you.

We remain at your disposal.
Ali || Customer Service Representative

• 3 months later...